The so-called North Korean threat is becoming more pressing with each day as the country increases its number of missile tests.
The US-held Pacific island of Guam is now not in any danger, the island's governor, Eddie Baza Calvo, said in a statement Wednesday, following North Korea's statement on possible strikes on Guam.
The North Korean army said on Wednesday it was examining an operational plan for attacking Guam to contain the U.S. bases there, sending a shiver of fear through people living on the island.
He said he communicated with the White House regarding the North's threat and was assured by the Pentagon and the Department of Homeland Security that there was no change in the threat level.
President Trump gets twice-daily 'propaganda document' of biased news
Officials reportedly trawl through all sorts of news mediums-TV, websites, newspapers, Twitter-in preparing the folder. Apparently, President Donald Trump gets a dose of hero-worship to puff up his already over-inflated ego twice a day.
A Korean People's Army spokesman said in a statement carried by state-run KCNA news agency the plan would be put into practice at any moment once leader Kim Jong Un makes a decision. They then performed a pass over the Pilsung Range before leaving South Korean airspace and returning to Guam.
The UN Security Council unanimously imposed new sanctions on North Korea on Saturday over its continued missile tests.
"I've been told over and over that they're looking at Guam, they've got us within their vision to take care of us", Bordallo said.
Analysts say the Pukguksong-2 advances North Korea's weapons capabilities because missiles using solid propellants can be fired faster and more secretly than those using liquid fuel, which must be fueled before launch and transported to a launch site using trucks that could be spotted by satellites. He was referring to a report - confirmed by Fox News - that North Korea has produced a compact nuclear warhead that can be placed inside one of its advanced missiles - which are already believed to be capable of reaching half of the United States.
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Top Performer of the day: Horizon Pharma plc (HZNP)
- Congress MLAs to be flown back to Gujarat tomorrow: Gohil
- Usher: Insurance company says no way to paying for singer's herpes lawsuits
- Welcome Boost From China to Global Pressure on North Korea
- Gatlin sifflé sur le podium du 100 m, Bolt acclamé
- LG Q6 brings full vision display to new smartphone lineup
- Fox considering 'King of the Hill' revival, reports say
- No Man's Sky Holds onto Life with a New Update
- Another Major Injury Strikes WWE, SummerSlam Match in Jeopardy