Du, meanwhile, expressed hope that the offices of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) and the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) will not be shut down following the abolition of the NIR despite the absence of a budget.
President Duterte signed Executive Order 38 on August 7, 2017, revoking Executive Order 138 that created the NIR or the merging of the provinces of Negros Oriental and Negros Occidental as a one-island region.
President Rodrigo Duterte has ordered that Negros Island Region be dissolved, as he signed Executive Order 183.
It added that the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) would supervise the reversion of Negros Occidental and Negros Oriental provinces to Regions 6 (Western Visayas) and 7 (Central Visayas), respectively.
Roxas, who also has Negrense roots, had spearheaded efforts to create the region.
"There is a need to ensure that priority government programs and projects are sufficiently funded", Duterte said, explaining why he needs to revoke EO 183, Series of 2015.
Distressed boater call leads Coast Guard to marijuana seizure
The crew of a boat in San Diego were caught red handed with 1,200lbs of weed onboard, after calling to report battery problems.
Despite the reversion of the two Negros provinces to their mother regions, Du said the programs and projects that both NOCCI and MBCCI laid out previously will go on as planned.
The creation of one region for Negros was supported by then Interior Secretary Manuel Roxas 2nd. "Madamo ang magabenepisyo kung ginpadayon ini", said Roxas in a Facebook post.
Aquino issued EO 183, Series of 2015, in a bid "to further accelerate the social and economic development of the cities and municipalities comprising the provinces of Negros Occidental and Negros Oriental and improve the delivery of public services".
According to a report from Sun Star Bacolod, a Negros Occidental official said that they have been advised by the DILG to pull out their personnel from the NIR offices and revert to their respective provincial offices. Negros Oriental again becomes part of Central Visayas, with regional offices in Cebu City.
"(The provinces under) NIR will have their own turf when federalism takes place.
Budget Secretary Benjamin E. Diokno last October said the Negros Island Region is an expensive exercise costing the government as much as P19 billion.
- GOP extends hand on health care; Democrats should accept
- Mobile Revvl now official with 5.5-inch HD display
- Queen Maxima of the Netherlands mourns death of father
- 2 girls killed when unlicensed Oklahoma teenager flips auto , police say
- Whites demonstrate 'concerning' increase in colon cancer mortality
- Accused burglar doesn't flush toilet, leaves DNA for police
- Zacks Investment Research Upgrades Zynerba Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- S. African President Zuma survives no confidence motion by secret ballot
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- The Aussie state with the highest power prices in the world