The Spanish worldwide is said to have reached a verbal agreement with LaLiga side Las Palmas, with a deal depending on the club retaining their top-flight status.
The Spain worldwide has been with the Citizens since 2010, when he joined the Etihad Stadium outfit from Valencia for £25m.
Pep Guardiola wants Alexis now but Arsene Wenger has made it clear the player won't be sold to a Premier League rival, so Manchester City will have to wait until January to agree a pre-contract with Sánchez for his arrival in July of 2018.
Ex-NHLer Eddie Olczyk diagnosed with colon cancer
Blackhawks president and CEO John McDonough is asking fans to keep Olczyk in their thoughts and prayers. Olczyk coached the Pittsburgh Penguins briefly after his playing career ended in the 1999-2000 season.
Silva joined City from Valencia in 2010 and has amassed in excess of 300 appearances for the English club but has previously stated a desire to end his career with Las Palmas.
David Silva has always said that when he finally returns to Spain, his ambition would not be to play for Barcelona or Real Madrid, but rather Las Palmas in his native Gran Canaria.
The 31-year-old has also won two European Championships and the World Cup with Spain.
- Mormon church excommunicates first general authority in 28 years
- 5 dead, 60 injured as quake hits Sichuan
- Los Angeles FC reaches deal to make Mexico's Carlos Vela first DP
- North Korea 'planning to strike United States territory with nuke'
- CSX Corporation (CSX): Ignore the noise and focus on the technicals
- Mondiaux d'athlétisme - Le Sud-Africain Wayde van Niekerk souverain sur le 400m
- Marvin Lewis taking time off for 'minor health issue'
- 24 killed in landslide triggered by rain
- Berlin : deux touristes chinois arrêtés après des saluts nazis
- White Sox activate All-Star OF Garcia