India crushed the home team by an innings and 53 runs on day four of the second Test in Colombo to take an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match series.
Batting first, India declared its first innings on 622 for nine and dismissed Sri Lanka for 183 and enforced the follow-on, commanding a 439-run lead. He also made an unbeaten 70 in India's only innings.
"He's right up there in world cricket among the very best".
Sri Lanka will have to do without the services of the experienced Rangana Herath for the third and final Test against India with veteran spinner ruled out of the match due to a back injury.
The left-arm spinner, who captained the side in the first Test in the absence of Chandimal, has bowled as many as 151 overs in the last three Tests in just over three weeks.
The ball narrowly missed him in a manner which the on-field umpires determined as "dangerous", the ICC said in a release.
Mohamed Ben Salem contredit Abdelkrim Harouni — Déclarations de Ghannouchi
Pour ces derniers, la Constitution tunisienne ne contient aucune disposition qui interdise au Chef du gouvernement de se présenter à la présidentielle de 2019.
Sri Lanka will take a modicom of confidence into that series from a second innings resurgence that was built around the 191-run stand between Dimuth Karunaratne and Kusal Mendis.
However Kohli kept rotating his bowlers at the Sinhalese Sports Club Ground to keep the batsmen on their toes, and the strategy paid off.
While India and Sri Lanka are set to play a five-match ODI series and a lone T20I after the Pallekele Test, Herath is not in contention in the shorter formats of the game and will instead be hoping to regain full fitness and form in time for the two-Test series against Pakistan in the UAE in September.
"You expect teams playing test cricket to come out and play like that".
"We were very happy that we went through that hard phase as well, for you never want to get complacent as a side". "Because of the way we got wickets in the first innings sometimes frustration can creep in", he said. Credit goes to them: "they batted brilliantly in the first innings and put us under huge pressure", said Chandimal.
- Game of Throws! Cape is Ikea rug
- Electro Scientific Industries, (ESIO) Sees 52-Week High
- Is Synchrony Financial (SYF) a good buy?
- Who Wins 'The Bachelorette' 2017? Vote for Bryan, Eric, or Peter Here!
- Anthony Scaramucci dismisses vulgar rant to New Yorker as 'a joke'
- Starting center Nick Linder to transfer from program
- Uber board member says Travis Kalanick won't be CEO again
- Quaresma a failli être tué par cette arme en plein match !
- US, Japan Call For Stop To Land Reclamations In South China Sea
- Wichita State University Expert Advises Watching Solar Eclipse with Care