Gibson, who returned for a second stint with England after four years as head coach of West Indies, has been approached by South Africa to become their head coach and is understood to be interested in the position.
It would be a blow for England to lose such a respected member of their coaching staff. Gibson has had two spells with England as bowling coach totaling five years in all.
Gibson's contract with England expires after the 2018 season, but if CSA are interested in appointing him as head coach, then they will have to reach an agreement with the European Central Bank.
Barbados-born Gibson knows South Africa well having spent six seasons of his playing career in the country. The ECB reacted by saying they were not aware of any approach and none would be considered while the current series was underway.
Gibson, who is now contracted to the European Central Bank as a bowling coach, spent time in South Africa as a player turning out for Gauteng and Border.
JuD chief Saeed launches his political party
The JuD widely is believed to be a front for Lashkar-e-Taiba, the militant group behind the 2008 deadly attacks in Mumbai, India. Charity officials said they have filed registration papers for the new party with Pakistan's electoral commission.
Should Gibson leave, Essex's Head Coach Chris SIlverwood is likely to be the favourite homegrown candidate to fulfill the role.
And with the chance to double his money by moving to South Africa, where he spent six seasons of his playing career, Gibson can not be blamed if he does move on.
Former Australian cricketer and current Adelaide Strikers coach Jason Gillespie has once again been linked as front runner for England bowling coach. "He has been fantastic as bowling coach".
"Ottis is someone who has had a lot of global experience, he did a great job for the West Indies as head coach", said Farbrace.
"We've obviously heard the news tonight, but I promise you we've had nothing official", said Farbrace. "It's hopefully all being left now until the end of the series".
- Action video games can risk your brain
- WikiLeaks Publishes CIA 'Dumbo' Project That Turns Off Security Cams, Corrupts Recordings
- US Silica Holdings, Inc. (SLCA) - Momentum Stock to Focus
- Berkshire Hathaway Reports Lower Income in Second Quarter
- Rains, overcast sky mar lunar eclipse viewing
- Greg Schiano Gives Ohio State Defense Unbelievably High Praise
- Disney's Lion King Remake Finds Its Rafiki and Sarabi
- Post-Scaramucci White House, why Trump is fighting Republicans
- Japan sees growing threat from N. Korea missiles: defense white paper
- ASEAN ministers endorse framework code in South China Sea