Tributes have been paid to a swimmer who died during an endurance event in the English Channel.
Waymark, who had previously reached the summit of Mount Everest, was taking part in the near-300-mile Enduroman Arch To Arc triathlon when he got into difficulty on Monday night.
"He knew that, he knew the dangers, but he was doing what he absolutely loved".
Graham Fletcher added: "All of us who knew Douglas Waymark, will have so many memories of him, shared some great times with him, I am, as I'm sure you will be devastated by the news this morning".
Douglas Waymark found himself in difficulties about half way through the swim.
The swimmer, who was in his 40s, was airlifted to a hospital in Ashford, but later lost his fight for life.
"The vessel was in French waters around 12nm (nautical miles) from Dover".
British Airways announces nonstop flight from Nashville to London
In the late 1980s, Nashville was an American Airline hub and the airline offered service to the United Kingdom's largest city. A transatlantic fight typically creates $103 million in economic impact for a community, according to Haslam's office.
A rescue helicopter which was training in nearby Lydd arrived within ten minutes.
Kent Police said they were aware of the incident but were not treating the death as suspicious.
Mr Waymark's tracker regularly posted his position online and the last data visible between 21:09 and 21:38 BST showed he had turned around and was heading back towards Dover.
He said: "In the next few days I shall be attempting the Enduroman Arch 2 Arc Triathlon, a continuous triathlon from Marble Arch in London to the Arc de Triomphe in Paris".
It involves an 87-mile run to Dover, swimming the channel and cycling 182 miles to the French capital.
"Just 25 people have completed it and of the last six attempts none have been successful".
"When I actually start is vey weather dependant but I am hoping to get going on Friday night [or in the] early hours of Saturday assuming there will be a swim window on Sunday".
- Oil Stocks & Prices Move Lower as Market Turns to OPEC
- Des députés préfèrent leurs vacances au vote de la loi de moralisation
- NIA questions Geelani's sons in terror funding case
- Kyrie Irving Trade Request Courageous — Ex-Cavs GM
- Le PSG s'impose, sans Neymar et Meunier
- Workplace diversity memo author fired by Google
- Balotelli arrêté pour excès de vitesse avec sa Ferrari — Super Mario Kart
- Officers find dead child near wreck
- Un nouveau véhicule et un nouveau mode
- Tillerson in Thailand to press junta on NKorea ties