No one yet knows what will happen to the service members now fighting in combat.
"The military conducted a thorough research process on this issue and concluded that inclusive policy for transgender troops promotes readiness". Mattis (R) is pictured leaving a National Security Council meeting on July 20 with President Donald Trump (C) and Vice President Mike Pence.
It's no wonder that Senators and Representatives from both parties have joined former military leaders and the majority of Americans in supporting transgender troops.
The policy would encourage early retirement, usher out enlisted transgender personnel after the end of their contracts, and fire trans officers up for promotion.
Declaring her support for then-presidential candidate Trump didn't help Jenner's case in this area; though some chocked it up to Jenner being a lifelong Republican who was simply sticking by her party, others questioned how a trans person could support a candidate with seemingly little to no regard for the LGBTQ population. He told a trans service member, "I will not turn my back".
Why there's still no decision from Mbete on the secret ballot
Mbete also said the pressure she was under by opposition parties to have a secret ballot in place at times amounted to abuse. Mbete said she was still consulting her senior counsel on what to do and would announce her decision on Monday.
Sixty-eight percent of respondents said they thought transgender people should be allowed to serve in the armed forces. "It would harm our readiness by denying the military of these service members' capabilities and requiring the military to replace them at a time when the recruiting pool for services continues to shrink".
Some said her status as a rich, privileged celebrity left her out-of-touch with the struggles of regular transgender people.
The fact of the matter is that Trump might not have the law on his side when it comes to the proposed ban.
Lambda Legal says this move "is dishonorable to the thousands of transgender men and women who are serving our country with courage and who are integral parts of our armed services", Burchett said in a statement.
LGBTI advocacy groups including Lambda Legal have released statements condemning this new policy.
We condemn the actions of the White House in initiating this purge. She took to Twitter, Instragram, and her own website to decry the ban and asked him, "What happened to your promise to fight for them" in regards to the transgender community.
- Watch Trump kiss Mario Cantone's Scaramucci goodbye on The President Show
- MercadoLibre's (NASDAQ:MELI) "Market Perform" Rating Reaffirmed at Susquehanna Bancshares Inc
- Toyota To Partner With Mazda On Electric Vehicles
- Manchester United Underdog Set To Rejoin Former Club
- Is Brodie Grundy's tackle worse than Patrick Dangerfield's?
- Jurgen Klopp talks Liverpool transfers: German praises new signings
- China hits back at Trump criticism over North Korea
- Madhya Pradesh BJP gears up for Shah's visit
- Arsène Wenger confident Arsenal can prosper from Champions League absence
- Traders Sell Energy Select Sector SPDR (NYSE:XLE) on Strength (NYSE:XLE)