Southampton fans are unlikely to have been impressed with his very clear attempts to leave the club, with his reputation among the Southampton hierarchy seemingly tarnished beyond fix.
Liverpool, who were forced to issue a public apology for their pursuit of Van Dijk earlier in the transfer window, remain interested in signing the Netherlands global, with Chelsea also monitoring the situation.
"You can condemn it, but come on, if you can earn five times as much at a top English club, then I understand you're going to take action", he told Voetbalzone magazine.
According to The Sun, Saints management does not want to sell the Dutch centre-back to Liverpool and instead, Chelsea has been considered as a preferable side to negotiate with.
Les résultats du lundi 31 juillet — Loto
Vous sélectionnez les lotojis qui attirent vous attention et vous remplissez ainsi un bulletin de manière ludique. 2 millions d'euros: c'est un joli pécule qui était promis au potentiel gagnant du tirage de ce week-end.
It is claimed in the Times' report that the Blues are hoping that Southampton's frosty relationship with Liverpool, Chelsea's main competitor for Van Dijk, will give them the edge in the race to secure his signature.
In the last few days, it has also been reported that Premier League Champions Chelsea are also considering Van Dijk as a potential target.
Van Dijk has been training away from first-team as Mauricio Pellegrino prepares his squad for the new season.
It is no surprise that Le Tissier disproves of van Dijk's actions.
- Anderson defeats Thiem At CIti Open
- Is part of the ObamaCare market entering a death spiral?
- YouTube Red's Good Game gets its first trailer
- Ayesha Ahad's allegations are baseless: Hamza Shehbaz spokesperson
- Rice Midstream Partners LP
- "Danse avec les stars": Tatiana Silva annoncée parmi les dix candidats
- IAS officer removed after pics with two women went viral
- Duterte visits Marawi anew to boost troops' morale
- Television Critics Association Awards 2017 Winners Announced
- Bank of the Ozarks (OZRK) Earns "Buy" Rating from Brean Capital