After the Raiders let him walk in free agency, Smith signed a lucrative five-year contract worth $26.5 million across the Bay with the San Francisco 49ers. Smith is expected to undergo an MRI, but 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan has already said that it could be a long-term injury.
If they do miss regular season action, the 49ers aren't exactly screwed, but they're not in a good place either.
"That'd be a big one for us, just because we've been getting so many reps together, jelling together and really talking about what the offense is trying to do to us throughout these OTAs and in training camp", Bowman said of potentially losing Smith. First-round draft pick Reuben Foster also has been playing the weak-side linebacker spot, mostly with the second-string unit.
The 49ers had a spirited practice in front of 25,319 fans Saturday at Levi's Stadium, but the team was dealt some bad injury news in the process. He had spent the previous two seasons with the Oakland Raiders.
The Niners selected Garnett with the No. 28 overall pick in the first round of the 2016 National Football League draft out of Stanford.
10 taken to hospital after Philly-bound flight encounters 'severe turbulence'
According to Huseman, the flight attendants had just finished serving drinks when the plane "just lurched through the air.". Huseman also described how impressed she was with AA flight attendants and employees during and after the situation.
"Reuben can definitely come downhill and smack you".
Veteran Ray-Ray Armstrong is also an option. Armstrong has been a standout in coverage during training camp.
Malcolm Smith's Injury More Serious? But the more plays Foster starts making, the harder it will become to pull him off the field. "I think at linebacker you have to smart, patient, know when you can shoot your gun and go make those plays".
Zane Beadles would likely start at left guard for the second consecutive season if Garnett is indeed out.
What the 49ers likely will do is platoon Armstrong and Foster together.
- Mercato : une porte de sortie en Turquie pour Bedimo ?
- Lilis Energy Inc (OTC:LLEX) Stock Rating Lowered by Northland Securities
- Sisodia opposes e-way bill system in GST Council meet
- United Bank Inc. Has $3.16 Million Stake in BB&T Corporation (BBT)
- Mo Farah defends his10,000m title in London
- Airain ltd Invests $4.88 Million in General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS)
- Garry Monk's Middlesbrough succumb to defeat in Championship opener against Wolves
- Wladimir Klitschko retires from boxing
- Just In: Arewa youth, Ndigbo meet in Kano over quit notice
- A's outfielder Matt Joyce suspended two games for gay slur