After the Raiders let him walk in free agency, Smith signed a lucrative five-year contract worth $26.5 million across the Bay with the San Francisco 49ers. Smith is expected to undergo an MRI, but 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan has already said that it could be a long-term injury.
If they do miss regular season action, the 49ers aren't exactly screwed, but they're not in a good place either.
"That'd be a big one for us, just because we've been getting so many reps together, jelling together and really talking about what the offense is trying to do to us throughout these OTAs and in training camp", Bowman said of potentially losing Smith. First-round draft pick Reuben Foster also has been playing the weak-side linebacker spot, mostly with the second-string unit.
The 49ers had a spirited practice in front of 25,319 fans Saturday at Levi's Stadium, but the team was dealt some bad injury news in the process. He had spent the previous two seasons with the Oakland Raiders.
The Niners selected Garnett with the No. 28 overall pick in the first round of the 2016 National Football League draft out of Stanford.
Airain ltd Invests $4.88 Million in General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS)
Institutional investors own 70.35% of the company's stock. (AMD) and Facebook Inc (FB): "2 Home Runs in Tech" on August 01, 2017. The insider Martin Jeffrey Andrew sold 3,000 shares worth $100,230. 750 shares were sold by Stretch Colin, worth $103,175.
"Reuben can definitely come downhill and smack you".
Veteran Ray-Ray Armstrong is also an option. Armstrong has been a standout in coverage during training camp.
Malcolm Smith's Injury More Serious? But the more plays Foster starts making, the harder it will become to pull him off the field. "I think at linebacker you have to smart, patient, know when you can shoot your gun and go make those plays".
Zane Beadles would likely start at left guard for the second consecutive season if Garnett is indeed out.
What the 49ers likely will do is platoon Armstrong and Foster together.
- Anti-ISIS coalition operations have killed at least 624 civilians since 2014
- Mo Farah defends his10,000m title in London
- Dimitri Payet cambriolé à son domicile — Marseille
- OSPCA notified after woman filmed assaulting dog on subway
- Two more homes condemned as Pasco sinkhole widens
- The Light and the Darkness — Trump's Foreign Policy
- Brooklyn brewer wins top honors in NY craft beer competition
- Sisodia opposes e-way bill system in GST Council meet
- Church & Dwight Company, Inc. (CHD) Ownership Decreased by Jennison Associates LLC
- Benitez fumes as Newcastle miss out on Stoke striker Joselu