Two men (including Masilela) were sitting in a white Golf 7 last night when they were approached by a black Jeep who tried hijack them. They attempted to flee but were chased.
Masilela died on Wednesday night.
"The tried to drive off, but the black Jeep followed, and the occupants opened fire. He [Masilela] was shot in the upper body", police spokesperson Kay Makhubele told TshisaLIVE on Thursday morning. He was rushed to hospital, but officials have confirmed he died in the morning.
The Department of Arts and Culture has since conveyed their condolences.
DFA Spokesperson: North Korea a 'very serious concern' for PH
In their meeting last April here, foreign ministers of ASEAN member states issued a strong statement against the ballistic missile and fissile material testing of the North Korea .
Rhythm City series producer Yula Quinn says Masilela's death leaves a void.
Rhythm City also released a statement expressing their condolences.
He had recently Wednesday actor and media personality Simphiwe Ngema earlier this May, with the pair becoming media darlings for their well-publicised romance.
29-year-old Dumi, who played the role of Sfiso Ngema on Rhythm City, died in hospital and shortly after, his family confirmed that his aunt also passed away after receiving the awful news. "I love you. Ngiyabonga Dlambili", she wrote on Instagram.
- Le roi Pelé tweete pour Neymar
- Another Baltimore Body-Cam Video Shows Officers 'Plant' Drugs
- Tillerson assures North Korea 'We are not your enemy'
- Tillerson to join Asean meeting in Manila
- Warriors' Curry shoots 74 in Web.com Tour debut
- Explosion at mosque in Afghanistan's Herat kills more than 20: Hospital
- Nigéria : Yemi Osinbajo part en guerre contre Boko Haram
- Erik Jones Hit with L1 Penalty, Chris Gayle Suspended
- Pinto da Costa regressa "dentro de dias"
- Philander out to go bug free for Old Trafford Test