Rivers has served in a dual role since joining the organization in 2013-14, and while the Clippers have reached the playoffs every season under him, they have failed to advance beyond the second round. But today brings good news for Clippers fans, because GM Rivers is no more. The team has relieved head coach Doc Rivers of his front office duties, so he can focus on his head coach duties.
It is also worth noting that the tandem of Rivers and Ballmer previously promoted former National Basketball Association head coach Lawrence Frank to oversee the Clippers' day-to-day operations more than one year ago. Frank will now oversee basketball operations, including the general manager.
Owner Steve Ballmer told ESPN that Rivers will still have a strong input in personnel and organizational matters and both Rivers and Lawerence will now report directly to him. Rivers will focus on coaching the team but will still have a say in the day-to-day particulars of the roster and on players the team would like to acquire or let go. I want each of them to dig in and do what they do best.
Pourquoi Neymar a-t-il choisi le PSG ?
On se revoit dans 2-3 ans, on reparlera de la valeur de Neymar . "Ce sera le double", s'est exprimé le président du PSG ". Voici donc les premiers mots de la nouvelle star de Paris: "Je suis très heureux".
The Clips have had an eventful offseason, starting with hiring Jerry West as an executive.
After trading Chris Paul to the Houston Rockets, another change has been made prior to the 2017-18 National Basketball Association season. The move to fire Rivers from the front office comes as a step in the right direction for the LA Clippers.
Steve Ballmer and Doc Rivers are seen at the game between the Los Angeles Clippers and the Milwaukee Bucks during the 2017 Las Vegas Summer League on July 10, 2017 at the Cox Pavilion in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- RBS moving forward with £939m profit
- Neil Young's unreleased 1976 acoustic album 'Hitchhiker' out in September
- Weatherly Asset Management LP Lowers Position in Fluor Corporation (NYSE:FLR)
- NNPC partners Shell, Chevron, targets 211 million barrels in reserves
- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (AMC) Stock Rating Lowered by Zacks Investment Research
- Price Target Analysis Spirit Realty Capital, Inc. (SRC)
- World Rugby Outline Their "Surprise" Over Sonny Bill Williams Decision
- " "Le président accuse des sénateurs frondeurs de " trahison " — Mauritanie
- War is no solution, India tells China
- Vers une alliance renforcée avec Mazda — Toyota