"I am so gutted guys, I don't know what to tell you".
Thursday night headliner Lorde had her set pulled mid-performance.
Her production manager reportedly walked on stage to deliver the bad news to drenched fans in the crowd.
The US festival issued a statement saying the rest of the night's performances were cancelled. In one tweet, she wrote she had the most spectacular show planned for her fans.
Lollapalooza resumes tomorrow and there's no rain in the forecast.
Liquid-filled iPhone cases recalled
If you have this product, you should stop using it and contact MixBin Electronics for instructions on how to obtain a full refund. So far, 24 people suffered either chemical burns or severe skin irritation.
Liam Gallagher was the only act to experience any difficulties, leaving the stage after 20 minutes because of a sore throat.
"I guess the festival has said the weather is too insane for us to play right now", she told fans on stage.
Lorde had played just four songs - including Magnets, 400 Luxe and Tennis Court - when the festival was evacuated.
Following the decision, Lorde took to her Twitter page to apologise to fans and promise that she would make it up to them if at all possible. "This is the most MELODRAMA shit ever", she added.
Lollapalooza is scheduled to run until Sunday, with performers including Chance the Rapper, The Killers, Arcade Fire and The xx.
- Metal Tiger PLC (LON:MTR) Earns Buy Rating from VSA Capital
- Open Text Corp (TSE:OTC) Stock Rating Upgraded by Beacon Securities
- Balayya throws a fit on the sets of 102nd film
- Two bodies found after ammunition depot blast in Abkhazia
- Rob Kardashian, Blac Chyna Finalizing Custody For Dream
- Two Qantas flights today forced to return to Sydney after technical issues
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 full specs leaked, launches August 23
- Il balance des bouteilles d'acide à 14 ans — Paris
- LG V30 : un grand affichage POLED 6 pouces FullVision encore plus élégant
- Help wanted: NASA seeking planetary protection officer to save Earth from aliens