The club also held a minute of silence prior to kick-off, but it is the banner that is nearly certain to draw an investigation by UEFA.
One city which will never forget the atrocities during the 1940s is Warsaw, which played host to the now infamous 1944 uprising by the Polish population that eventually forced out their German occupiers.
But after 63 days - as Soviet leader Josef Stalin withheld troops in the hope the city would fall - hundreds of thousands were killed, mostly in mass executions by the Nazis and large parts of the city were completely destroyed.
Legia Warsaw, Poland's only team in European football association UEFA's Champions League, is out of the tournament despite defeating FK Astana 1:0 at home on Wednesday.
FDA Approves Fixed Chemo Combo for AML Subtypes
Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not take Vyxeos, because it may cause harm to a developing fetus or a newborn baby. The drug carries a Boxed Warning stating it is not interchangeable with other daunorubicin- or cytarabine-containing products.
The Polish champions are no strangers to controversy due to their Ultras.
Fighting Ultras were seen attacking security with pepper spray.
In 2014, UEFA charged the club over a display criticising their disputed exit from the Champions League.
- Fit-again Rahul hits fifty in strong India start
- South Korea Has $7.01 Billion Current Account Surplus
- Indonesia deports Chinese, Taiwanese nationals for cyber-fraud
- Pisapia: il Pd non è il mio nemico, divisi si perde
- Colliers International Group Inc. Subordinate Voting Shares (NASDAQ:CIGI) Under Analyst Spotlight
- 'Sharad Yadav to decide future strategy after August 17 meeting'
- Man United legend sends message to supporters about new signing
- Jamie McCourt nommée ambassadrice des Etats-Unis en France par Donald Trump
- Leicester City complete signing of striker Kelechi Iheanacho from Manchester City
- Trump nominates Jamie McCourt, former Dodgers co-owner, as ambassador to France