It's not only battery packs and motors that help electric cars go as far as possible on a charge. If you've seen any other new Nissan from the past year or so, you've got a pretty good idea of what to expect on the Leaf. Aerodynamics, too, are extremely important, which is why Nissan is emphasizing the lengths it went to in shaping a wind-cheating design for the upcoming 2018 Leaf.
"The redesigned next-generation Nissan LEAF is lower to the ground, helping it realize zero lift for better stability at high speeds".
Several electric automakers have been focusing on aerodynamic performance to improve efficiency and consequently to increase range. Today's Leaf already has a very slippery drag coefficient (Cd), at 0.28. While the Leaf's look promises to evolve - notably by adopting Nissan's new design codes, especially the radiator grill and lights - it is on comfort and convenience that the new Leaf will stand out from competitors, notably thanks to new e-Pedal technology. For starters, Nissan has confirmed that the vehicle will have an "e-Pedal" system that will let drivers use only one pedal to drive the auto in many circumstances.
First BATMAN: THE ENEMY WITHIN Trailer Debuts
They also released a new trailer to celebrate, as you can see below, along with the announcement itself. In the game the cape crusader takes on the Riddler who has returned to wreck havoc on Gotham City.
Finally, at least one spy video showed a reading of 265 kilometers - that's 165 miles - of driving range.
Now Nissan unveils the shape of next-gen Leaf with a teaser pictured above and boasts about aerodynamic performance.
- Wie takes early lead at Women's British Open
- La Banque d'Angleterre abaisse ses prévisions de croissance — Brexit
- London Stock Exchange head backs rule change to lure Saudi float
- BJP on witch-hunt to win one Rajya Sabha seat
- Humana Inc. (HUM) and Tableau Software, Inc
- Chandralekha - Is here to rule the party circuit
- P Karunakaran objects to BJP MPs remarks against Left outfit leaders
- Angel Nieto has died
- Mermaid painted house floating through the Gulf of Mexico
- Coupe Rogers: Andy Murray et Marin Cilic absents