In 2008, the capital reported 5.7% infant deaths. Though it was only marginally higher than the sex ratio at birth in 2015 (898), the figure for 2016 marked the first time that the sex ratio surpassed 900 since 2010, when it was 901.
Deputy CM and Tourism Minister Manish Sisodia will write to Union Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma, asking him to reconsider Delhi's nomination for the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Releasing the report, Mr Sisodia said that the number of births registered in Delhi in2016 increased to 3,79,161 from 3,74,012 in 2015 and 3,73,693 in 2014.
The proportion of mothers aged 35 years and above also increased marginally. The birth rate works out to be 20.38 per thousand population during 2016 as against 20.50 during 2015, according to the report.
Apple hits a record high after crushing earnings
More to the point, the high end of that guidance would be an all-time record for the September quarter (by about $500 million). The company is thought to be about to launch a smart home speaker and it's also in the race to develop driverless cars.
The infant mortality rate, which is the number of deaths of infants under one year of age per 1,000 live births, decreased to 21.35 in 2016 from 23.25 in 2015. "The remaining increase in the population of Delhi is due to migration".
It added that of the total registered births in Delhi in 2016, 34.57 per cent were registered in North Delhi Municipal Corporation, followed by 31.07 per cent in South Corporation, 21.04 per cent in East Corporation, 12.19 per cent in NDMC and 1.13 per cent in the Cantonment Board area.
The deputy CM said that the institutional births have increased from 3,15,694 (84.41 per cent) in 2015 to 3,28,872 (86.74 per cent) a year ago.
Please Wait while comments are loading.
- Serena Williams' fiance drops a major hint about their baby's gender
- Krispy Kreme's Reese's Peanut Butter doughnut comes to USA for limited time
- Google Adds 'Badges' To Image Search On Mobile
- EPS for TransAlta Corporation (TA) Expected At $
- Maria Sharapova suffers another injury setback as she withdraws from Stanford
- Trump Says US Is Losing in Afghanistan, Wants Commander Fired
- Canadian authorities open Montreal's Olympic Stadium to house asylum seekers
- US VP Pence: Balkans future is 'in the West'
- New Jacksonville VA facility included in approved Senate bill
- Washington "n'aspire pas" à renverser le régime nord-coréen