US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is repeating the Trump administration's anti-Iran allegations.
Speaking to reporters at the State Department on Tuesday, Tillerson sought to dispel speculation that he is frustrated and looking for a way out.
"We are not your enemy. but you are presenting an unacceptable threat to us, and we have to respond", said Tillerson.
"We hope that, at some point, they will begin to understand that, and we would like to sit and have a dialogue with them about the future that will give them the security they seek and the future economic prosperity for North Korea, but that will then promote economic prosperity throughout Northeast Asia".
In the past, the USA has tried to engage North Korea in the hopes that the country would denuclearize, but with North Korea's sweeping advancements in missile technology and its inclusion of nuclear weapons into its constitution, that seems increasingly unlikely.
But days ago, Trump baselessly linked in his latest tweets the USA trade deficit with China to the situation on the Korean Peninsula, saying, "I am very disappointed in China".
China Nonferrous Mining Corp Ltd (1258.HK) Shares Needle Moving -4.49%
When charted, the RSI can serve as a visual means to monitor historical and current strength or weakness in a certain market. A reading under 20 would indicate no trend, and a reading from 20-25 would suggest that there is no clear trend signal.
It was a decidedly less confrontational tone than that of Republican Senator Lindsey Graham, who told NBC Tuesday that "there is a military option - to destroy North Korea's program and North Korea itself". Our foolish past leaders have allowed them to make hundreds of billions of dollars a year in trade, yet. "China could easily solve this problem!"
"We certainly don't blame the Chinese for the situation in North Korea", Washington's top diplomat said. China can "influence the North Korean regime in ways that no one else can", he said.
U.S. -Russia relations remain "under considerable stress" and "could get worse" even though there are also areas of potential cooperation.
Tillerson also said that the United States would like to have a dialogue with the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) at some point. "He and I have differences of views on things like JCPOA and how we should use it".
Trump promised on the campaign trail that the deal would be scrapped if he were to be elected.
- There are three versions of FUT Icons in Federation Internationale de Football Association 18
- Atlanta Braves call up Ozzie Albies for Tuesday's game with Dodgers
- Don't link Karnataka IT raids with Gujarat RS polls: Jaitley to Cong
- Sushant Singh Rajput getting trained at NASA
- "Aún queda mucho por luchar", anuncia Leopoldo López embarazo de Tintori
- The Queen Reportedly Drinks Four Cocktails A Day, Including One For Breakfast
- David Feherty's son dies from overdose on 29th birthday
- Jack Thorne serait le nouveau scénariste de l'Episode IX
- MLB Predictions: Will Sale lead the Red Sox past the Indians? 8/1/17
- Freakish social media theory suggests Outback Steakhouse really a satanic cult