US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is repeating the Trump administration's anti-Iran allegations.
Speaking to reporters at the State Department on Tuesday, Tillerson sought to dispel speculation that he is frustrated and looking for a way out.
"We are not your enemy. but you are presenting an unacceptable threat to us, and we have to respond", said Tillerson.
"We hope that, at some point, they will begin to understand that, and we would like to sit and have a dialogue with them about the future that will give them the security they seek and the future economic prosperity for North Korea, but that will then promote economic prosperity throughout Northeast Asia".
In the past, the USA has tried to engage North Korea in the hopes that the country would denuclearize, but with North Korea's sweeping advancements in missile technology and its inclusion of nuclear weapons into its constitution, that seems increasingly unlikely.
But days ago, Trump baselessly linked in his latest tweets the USA trade deficit with China to the situation on the Korean Peninsula, saying, "I am very disappointed in China".
Jack Thorne serait le nouveau scénariste de l'Episode IX
Le scénariste a notamment signé " Wonder ", drame qui sortira le 20 décembre avec Julia Roberts , Owen Wilson et Jacob Tremblay . Mais avant cela, le film connaîtrait quelques ajustements, selon The Hollywood Reporter .
It was a decidedly less confrontational tone than that of Republican Senator Lindsey Graham, who told NBC Tuesday that "there is a military option - to destroy North Korea's program and North Korea itself". Our foolish past leaders have allowed them to make hundreds of billions of dollars a year in trade, yet. "China could easily solve this problem!"
"We certainly don't blame the Chinese for the situation in North Korea", Washington's top diplomat said. China can "influence the North Korean regime in ways that no one else can", he said.
U.S. -Russia relations remain "under considerable stress" and "could get worse" even though there are also areas of potential cooperation.
Tillerson also said that the United States would like to have a dialogue with the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) at some point. "He and I have differences of views on things like JCPOA and how we should use it".
Trump promised on the campaign trail that the deal would be scrapped if he were to be elected.
- Group files legal challenge to block Cook County beverage tax
- FoxNews a-t-elle divulgué de fausses informations en faveur de Trump ?
- Don't link Karnataka IT raids with Gujarat RS polls: Jaitley to Cong
- Mattel, Inc. (MAT) Position Decreased by Liberty Mutual Group Asset Management Inc
- "Aún queda mucho por luchar", anuncia Leopoldo López embarazo de Tintori
- Malaysia confiscates almost £750000 of ivory tusks and pangolin scales
- CBB's Jordan Davies has ALREADY slated ex Megan McKenna on the show
- Sushant Singh Rajput getting trained at NASA
- Apple sees revenues rise after selling 41 million iPhones in three months
- TRS Leader's son attacks toll gate staff with knife, arrested