Sending more weapons into Ukraine risks reigniting and escalating the conflict at the same time that it deepens US involvement in it.
Mikhail Ulyanov, the head of the Russian foreign ministry's Department for Non-Proliferation and Arms Control warned against such a move by saying that it might escalate violence, which has died down in recent months.
American military officials and diplomats say the arms, which they characterized as defensive, are meant to deter aggressive actions by Moscow, which the US and others say has provided tanks and other sophisticated armaments as well as military advisers to rebels fighting the Kiev government.
It should be noted that previously the USA was supplying to Ukraine only non-lethal weapons and equipment.
Brussels candidate to host two European agencies now based in London
AEM, set up in London's Canary Wharf business quarter in 1995, generated hotel bookings of 30,000 nights in 2015. Since January, and the six months since the United Kingdom voted to leave the European Union in June 2016, J.P.
Now at last, according to a report in yesterday's Wall Street Journal, the Pentagon and State Department have developed a plan to provide, shall we say, more robust military aid, including anti-tank missiles and possibly anti-aircraft weapons. He said, "Our stance is well-known: we believe that all countries, especially those that are looking to be part of the settlement [of the Ukrainian conflict], must avoid any sort of actions which can provoke another spike in tensions in the already hard region".
It has been three and a half years since Russian forces annexed the Ukrainian territory of Crimea and then set their sights on the eastern region, supplying arms, tanks and advisers to Russian-centric insurgents there.
"This partnership will provide Ukraine with a secure, reliable, and competitive alternative energy source, helping to stabilize an energy supply which has historically been at the mercy of the country's volatile neighbors", the official representative of the United States presidential administration said. That legislation needs to be approved by the US Senate and signed by the US president to become law.
- Senate Dems spell out conditions on bipartisan tax reform
- Cardinal Health, Inc. (CAH) Updates FY18 Earnings Guidance
- Hygiène : les éponges de cuisine grouillent de bactéries
- Hyperloop pod travels 192mph in maiden journey
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (NYSE:ETE), Dow Chemical Co (NYSE:DOW)
- Le PSG va présenter Neymar à cette date !
- Is Viacom, Inc. (VIAB) Running Out of Gas?
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- L'ancien président Lula inculpé pour une nouvelle affaire de corruption — Brésil
- NexPoint Residential Trust (NASDAQ:NXRT) Getting Favorable News Coverage, Report Shows