An accused runaway killer who fled Australia to India following a fatal auto crash, has argued we are a racist nation and therefore he won't get a fair trial.
Puneet Puneet admitted to being behind the wheel when he ran down Dean Hofstee in Melbourne in 2008, but used a friend's passport to flee Australia and has been fighting extradition ever since.
Nine years ago Puneet Puneet was reportedly involved in a vehicle accident which killed 19-year-old nursing student Dean Hofstee.
"Indians are not safe in Australia, and every case against India has some racial point into it. Puneet should be free".
Puneet has made another plea in a New Delhi court not to return to Australia, putting up a witness who claimed to have been racially abused and mistreated while working in Australia, the Herald Sun reported.
Rice Midstream Partners (RMP) Declares Dividend For The Latest Quarter of $0.27
Center Coast Capital Advisors LP boosted its stake in shares of Dominion Midstream Partners, by 3.5% in the first quarter. The institutional investor owned 25,272 shares of the pipeline company's stock after selling 95 shares during the period.
Puneet Puneet after being bailed from the Melbourne Magistrates Court in October 2008.
"Australians are biased towards Indians so I request Indian authorities to take care of its nationals", he said.
Melbourne-born designer Anna Maria D'Annibale also testified. "India should help Puneet, not Australia".
Speaking to News Corp, Mr Hofstee's father, Peter, said Mr Puneet and his supporters are "just looking for excuses" and that extradition delays were prolonging their ordeal.
The twisted wreckage of the vehicle which struck Dean Hofstee and friend Clancy Coker.
- $0.64 EPS Expected for Avis Budget Group Inc
- QEP Resources, Inc. (NYSE:QEP) Reviewed By Analysts
- Simeone ne profite pas d'un gros clash — Atletico
- Conseil constitutionnel : Michel Mercier épinglé pour emplois familiaux
- La Chine prête à vaincre tout envahisseur, avertit Xi Jinping
- Dryships Inc (DRYS) How Do the Technical Vary?
- Sessions Speaks To Black Law Enforcement Group In Atlanta
- Punjab National Bank First Quarter Profit Rises, But Misses Estimates
- Will Sean Spicer Really Be on 'Dancing With the Stars?'
- Giants sign ex-Jets, Bengals kicker Mike Nugent