Two people in OH were arrested after a body of a woman was discovered inside a freezer of a home in the town of Campbell on Saturday (29 July).
WFMJ reports that Arturo Novoa, 31, and Katrina Layton, 34, were taken into custody over the weekend. Both face charges of abuse of a corpse; Layton faces an additional charge of obstruction of justice.
The body was found in a home in Campbell on Saturday, but police believe it had been moved from Youngstown.
Authorities say they are now investigating whether the body may have belonged to Shannon Graves, a 28-year-old Youngstown woman who vanished in early February of this year.
In mid-July, Novoa allegedly said his electricity was out and he needed to store a freezer in the basement of a friend's home in Campbell.
Texas Woman Found Dead On Ocean City Beach
Ocean City Police Public Affairs Specialist Lindsay Richard said that Connor was found in a hole in the sand. The body was taken to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner to determine the cause of death.
A prosecutor said today during the arraignment for a couple accused of keeping the body of a woman in a freezer that the woman facing charges actually took on the life of the suspected victim.
Despite all of this, Graves' family members say they refuse to give up hope for their missing loved one.
Graves was Novoa's girlfriend, said City Prosecutor Dana Lantz.
"Shannon's friends called her Starr and described her as having a heart of gold, an angel on earth, supportive, outgoing, thoughtful and fun", her sister told WFMJ.
- Aus cricket on brink of peace
- La ministre du Travail face aux accusations dans l'affaire Danone — France
- Drake Bell Admits It Was Wrong To Call Out Josh Peck Online
- HSN, Inc. (HSNI) Stake Decreased by Tudor Investment Corp ET AL
- Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp targeting Premier League title
- India may need 2100 planes over 20 years, says Boeing
- Trump's new chief of staff takes over a White House in chaos
- Mother warns of dangers of cold sores after her child gets herpes
- Judge orders FAA to consider whether seat size influences safety
- How Analysts Rated Drax Group Plc (LON:DRX) Last Week?