Williams was appealing the four-match ban from the Lions series that rules him out of the first Bledisloe Cup clash against the Wallabies.
The All Blacks centre was handed the suspension for his second Test send-off against the British & Irish Lions earlier this month.
World Rugby ruled the match wasn't "meaningful" but that decision has been appealed by New Zealand Rugby, hoping Williams will become available for the Test against Australia in Sydney on August 19.
Williams is now suspended for four matches, including the August 19 Bledisloe opener, but opted to appeal the decision after World Rugby rejected an All Blacks proposal that included two preseason NPC games and and an inter-squad match in the suspension.
ICC Seeks BCCI's Support to Get Cricket Back to Olympic Fold
With the Games still remain a single-city event, it becomes hard for the host to provide venues for hosting the games. The inclusion in the global sporting spectacle will definitely increase the popularity of the game across the globe.
Half of Williams' punishment was served by missing the drawn third test with the Lions and the Blues' shock defeat against the Sunwolves.
The appeal has been set for 4pm AEST via video conference and will be heard by an appeal committee chaired by Mr Justice Graeme Mew (Canada) along with Shao-Ing Wang (Singapore) and Stefan Terblanche (South Africa).
The contentious match is the "game of three halves" in Pukekohe featuring an All Blacks team lining up against Taranaki and Counties Manukau for half a match each.
After a two-hour hearing on Tuesday night, an independent committee said it had reserved its decision.
- Crédit du Maroc lance sa fenêtre participative sous l'enseigne "ARREDA"
- Suffolk theme park ride closed after U.S. fatality
- CM Mamata Banerjee lashes out at BJP for raising LPG prices
- Militants prepare to vacate Syria border
- Kevin Myers apologises and says, "It's over for me professionally"
- Man pleads to weapons charges in Holland Tunnel 'rescue' case
- Corey Lewandowski fired from conservative network OANN
- Tip "TI" Harris Breaking News, Photos, and Videos
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE:AEO) Rating Increased to Buy at ValuEngine
- Aulas prêt à jouer un sale tour à l'ASSE au mercato — OL