The PCB, on the other hand, has already chose to go ahead and formally lodge the complaint in the ICC dispute resolution committee to resolve the long-standing issue which has all but ended the bilateral cricketing relationship between the two countries.
As far as including the sport for the women is concerned, the ICC has said, "It certainly would play a big part in the growth of the women's game -so there is an added attraction there".
"We have heard about the ICC's Olympics initiative but most members are not keen".
It has been learnt that the apex cricket body has approached the BCCI to take a call soon, with the bidding process set to happen in September. India's cricket governing body fears it might lose autonomy as they will be required to come under the purview of Indian Olympic Association (IOA). "In the present situation, it is absolutely undesirable", a senior board told TOI.
It added: "The BCCI has been treated very shabbily by the ICC in recent times". However, after ICC's request, the court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA) has asked BCCI CEO Rahul Johri to do a study of pros and cons of cricket being included in the Games.
Left's loss is Congress's gain in West Bengal
The issue again generated much heat and finally Kolay said the scrutiny would be postponed until 9:00 a.m. Neither of these applies to me".
The International Olympic Council (IOC) made it clear to the ICC that there has to be an assurance from the top teams and its players that they will be participating in the event, this is the only way a bid can even be considered. "We are not saying it's completely ruled out, but a decision shouldn't be forced upon us".
The inclusion in the global sporting spectacle will definitely increase the popularity of the game across the globe.
With the Games still remain a single-city event, it becomes hard for the host to provide venues for hosting the games.
The prominence of T20 World Cup would then be reduced, resulting in losses for countries hosting the event, which has been a financial success ever since it was first hosted in 2007.
- (NYSE:NRZ) Sends Strong Signals on Technical Charts
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE:AEO) Rating Increased to Buy at ValuEngine
- Corey Lewandowski fired from conservative network OANN
- Sarah Sanders says Trump was joking about police brutality comment
- How major USA stock market indexes fared on Monday
- Did SRK just compare Anushka Sharma and Kajol?
- Delhi government cuts funding of 28 Delhi University colleges
- Mindhunter Trailer: Jonathan Groff Meets Madness in Serial Killer Drama
- Coutinho will not be sold, insists Liverpool boss Klopp
- Bareilly Ki Barfi Song Nazm Nazm