In a letter sent to lawmakers on Monday, Warren said he was "baffled" by allegations that the Rover Pipeline, an Energy Transfer Partners project that would stretch from southwest Pennsylvania to MI, had violated federal regulations in constructing the pipeline. HoldCo owns 65 percent in Rover Pipeline LLC.
Warren said that such an investigation would be "both unprecedented and unnecessary".
In June, Rover Pipeline LLC, a subsidiary of Energy Transfer Partners, agreed to pay $1.5 million annually for five years to the Ohio History Connection Foundation to compensate for damages to historic properties while constructing the pipeline.
Following the completion of the transaction, Energy Transfer will own 50.1% stake in HoldCo, while Blackstone will hold 49.9% stake.
1 killed in police-involved shooting in Catonsville
A person was shot and killed by a police officer outside a Baltimore County supermarket Tuesday morning, officials said. Homicide detectives are reviewing security footage as part of their investigation, the NBC affiliate said.
The Rover Pipeline will be an ~700 mile pipeline created to transport 3.25B cf/day of natural gas from the Marcellus and Utica shale areas to markets across the U.S.as well as into Union Gas Dawn Hub in Ontario for redistribution back into the USA or into the Canadian market.
Last month, West Virginia environmental regulators ordered the project to cease and desist some land development activities in the state over violations of state environmental regulations, until it fully complies with all rules.
The Rover pipeline, however, has faced multiple hurdles along its construction path, as several states have ordered additional environmental scrutiny and some have ordered work be stopped in some areas. The two companies are constructing the Rover pipeline and will be the operator of the pipeline once in service, Energy Transfer said. Get your FREE trial to Buyouts!
- Royal Caribbean Cruises (NYSE:RCL) Stocks Unloaded By Highland Capital Management
- Des laissez-passer pour Abanda, Polansky et Schnur — Coupe Rogers
- Booker bill would legalize marijuana at the federal level
- All is set for Buhari's return - Presidency reveals
- Baker Bill Would Allow Local Officials To Comply With ICE Detention Requests
- Vanguard MSCI Europe ETF (VGK) Reviewed By Analysts
- India set to block $1.3 bln Gland Pharma-Fosun deal
- PNL en panne d'auto-tune en plein concert, ça fait mal — Vidéo
- Four-time Pro Bowl OT Ryan Clady retires from National Football League at 30
- Amazon's 'Black America' Will Present An Alternate-Alternate America Than HBO's 'Confederate'