The Greater Houston Partnership wrote a letter to Governor Greg Abbott.
The letter asks Abbott to "avoid any actions, including the passage of any 'bathroom bill, ' that would threaten our continued growth". The letter warns that the bathroom bill will do great economic harm to our state if passed.
The so-called bathroom bill, advocated by the majority Republican party for the sake of privacy, would regulate bathroom use in schools and buildings overseen by local government based on the sex listed on a person's birth certificate.
While police chiefs, sheriffs and business leaders have come out in opposition to the bathroom bill, now a cross-section of Houston's businesses is adding its voice to the opposition.
Microsoft wants you to upgrade to a new Surface every 18 months
Furthermore, Microsoft is also offering device protection to the customers, it comes with accident damage protection. Dedicated Service & Support: Surface Plus offers best in class service and support from Microsoft Stores .
Nearly all Democrats in the chamber voted against the bill which they labeled "discriminatory" toward Texas' transgender community.
Exxon Mobil Global Services and Halliburton were among the Houston business leaders who said the bathroom restrictions the Texas Legislature is now considering would hurt their ability to recruit and retain talent in the state. There's still a question mark over whether House leadership will bring the "bathroom bill" - controversial legislation regulating which restrooms transgender Texans can use - before the full chamber for a vote, but the House author of the bill said Monday he didn't plan on accepting tweaks from conservative colleagues if the measure landed on the floor.
Even consideration of the Texas bathroom bill has already led to about 66 million dollars lost in convention business, according to the testimony at a public hearing last month.
- Gonzalez hurls eight no-hit innings in Nationals win
- Harvard lists Scaramucci as dead in directory
- John Cena Appears To Be Leaving SmackDown For RAW After SummerSlam
- Myrtle Beach can't confirm viral social media claim about flesh-eating bacteria
- Los Angeles makes deal to host 2028 Summer Games
- Ryan Adams Does Not Like the Strokes, Blasts Them on Twitter
- Zoo de Beauval : ce sera finalement des jumeaux pandas !
- Lavrov says Moscow had to react to U.S. sanctions
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- 3 killed in Russian Federation courthouse shooting