Why would he, when it's worth more than $160,000?
The jersey worn by Judge on August 13, 2016 - when he hit a home run in his first major-league at-bat - sold for $160,644 to be exact, making it the most expensive game-worn jersey from any major USA sport over the past 15 years, according to auctioneer Steiner Sports.
Judge is awesome, and I hope he has a long and brilliant career and smokes more dingers than anyone, but if he doesn't-if he's already made the high water mark, and injuries derail his potential or major league pitching catches up to him-whoever paid $157,000 for his debut jersey is gonna feel like a real bozo.
The previous high was $135,060 for a jersey worn by Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry in the 2017 NBA Finals. And the Home Run Derby victor is just getting started.
Cheesecake Factory Offers Newest Flavor, Half-Price Slices for National Cheesecake Day
The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through the SEC website . Mutual of America Capital Management LLC boosted its position in The Cheesecake Factory by 3.9% in the first quarter.
Other Judge memorabilia boasting big price tags include a signed rookie card, which sold on eBay earlier this month for more than $14,000, and the jersey worn when he hit his first career grand slam, which sold by Steiner last month for $45,578.
According to a Sunday morning report from Darren Rovell of ESPN, Steiner Sports sold a game-worn Judge jersey for a whopping $157,366 over the weekend.
The verdict is in: Aaron Judge's jersey has commanded the most money for a player's uniform in recent years.
- Only BJP allows inner-party democracy, says Amit Shah
- The Walking Dead Stuntman's Death Was A Freak Accident, Says Robert Kirman
- Barcelona Club forward Neymar set for China trip as speculation mounts
- Caitlyn Jenner, Laverne Cox condemn Trump's transgender military ban
- The "Police Brutality" Speech In Reality
- Nino Niederreiter signs five-year, $26.25 million deal with Wild
- Coopération : Guinéens et Russes passent en revue leur relation à Conakry
- Vettel a peiné avec sa direction
- Clasico thriller in Miami as Barca edge past Real
- Evacuations issued due to wildfire in Tuolumne County