A "considerable amount of material" was seized from the property.
Turnbull said it was an elaborate conspiracy that involved bringing down an airplane.
"All Australian airports have been asked to exercise increased vigilance in their security operations, including at security screening points and within the terminal area", Chester said in a statement.
'Additional security measures were put in Sydney Airport on Thursday.
Australia's terror threat level remains at probable.
"Passengers should allow extra time for their journey and remain vigilant".
"I can't comment on that, because there's information that I've received that is not publicly available yet, and I think it is an issue for the police to talk about", he said. "The disruption operation, the efforts overnight have been very effective, but there's more work to do".
Danilo Gallinari Suffers Thumb Injury After Punching Opponent in Face
As if getting into a fight in a friendly wasn't too over the top, a hospital visit was also needed because of the punch. The 28-year-old forward punched an opponent during an exhibition game and might have injured his hand.
"We face a range of terrorist threats".
"In recent days, law enforcement has become aware of information that suggested some people in Sydney were planning to commit a terrorist attack using an IED [improvised explosive device]", he told reporters.
Four men on Saturday were arrested after armed police stormed homes in at least four neighborhoods, although their names and ages have not been released and they have not been charged by police.
"We don't have a great deal of information on the specific attack, the location, date or time, however, we're investigating information indicating the aviation industry was potentially a target of that attack", AFP Commissioner Andrew Colvin said.
Police gather evidence at the rear of the Surry Hills property, the toppled brick pillar and damaged gate testimony to the raiders sudden entrance. Four men have been arrested after the NSW Joint Counter Terrorism team conducted raids throughout Sydney suburbs.
Residents in the area were evacuated while the bomb squad worked to remove the "explosive device".
Shouting and screaming could be heard as a man with a towel draped over his head was led away from the Surry Hills home by police.
- Israel bans men under 50 from Friday prayers at Al-Aqsa
- Hayley Atwell Opens Up About Why Agent Carter Was Cancelled
- Sahara to move court against IRDAI's decision on life insurance business
- Barcelona give PSG ultimatum over Neymar deal
- Trump urges Republican senators not to give up on healthcare bill
- Stock Traders Purchase Large Volume of GoPro Put Options (GPRO)
- Sessions says he is hurt by Trump's outbursts, but not quitting
- Xi to PLA: Be ready to fight those who offend China
- WWE superstars shine in farewell event at Joe Louis Arena
- Trudeau en Colombie-Britannique lundi