Police simultaneously served search warrants against the properties of Reynaldo Parojinog Senior, mayor of Ozamiz City, his daughter Vice Mayor Nova Parojinog and three other family members on allegations they were trading in illegal drugs, Pacleb said.
Duterte has singled out local officials, policemen and judges as part of a crackdown that has made him popular with many Filipinos but has been condemned by human rights groups and other critics.
(Updated) - Ozamis City Mayor Reynaldo Parojinog, his wife Susan and 11 others were killed in simultaneous drug raids early morning of Sunday, July 30.
Last year, police officers shot dead Albuera Mayor Rolando Espinosa Sr. inside a jail cell in Leyte, and a week before that, another mayor and his nine bodyguards were gunned down allegedly during a firefight on a road in Mindanao.
Officers recovered grenades, ammunition as well as illegal drugs in the raid, according to police provincial chief Jaysen De Guzman.
US Senators Prepare Bill to Block Firing of Special Counsel
O.K., I know, I know. "Some of the suggestions the president is making go way beyond what's acceptable in a rule of law nation". He had bowed out of any involvement in that probe after acknowledged meeting with Russia's ambassador during the campaign.
Since he took office, police have reported killing almost 3,200 people in the drug war.
Members of the Regional Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG), together with the Misamis Occidental Police Provincial Office and the Ozamiz City Police Station raided the Parojinog residence at around 2:30 am.
Two other mayors Duterte mentioned in his so-called "drug list" were killed a year ago.
In October, Samsudin Dimaukom, the mayor of the southern town of Saudi Ampatuan, was killed in a shootout in a police checkpoint on suspicion he and his security personnel were transporting illegal drugs, authorities said.
- Pique à Neymar: "+ d'argent ou + de titre"
- Anuncia Rusia medidas de respuesta a sanciones de Estados Unidos
- Monaco Defiant In The Face Of Arsenal Pressure Over Lemar
- PSG, c'è l'accordo con Neymar. Offerta al Barcellona superiore alla clausola
- Manafort meets with Senate officials on Russian Federation
- Alexis Sanchez: Sick Arsenal forward will return on Tuesday, says Arsene Wenger
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) Saw a New 52-Week High
- Victoire finale pour Seguin et Iehl — Tour de France
- Venezuelans brace for unrest,stockpile food ahead of Sunday vote
- Trump nombra a John Kelly jefe de gabinete en sustitución de Priebus