"We will see. The tweet was about pushing him to stay".
The Barca boss swatted away questions over the Brazilian's future with Paris St Germain's interest in sealing a record breaking £195m switch. "He is one of the best three players in the world and we need to enjoy him".
At the Miami camp of FC Barcelona, Neymar has caused the biggest controversy as he seeks his way out of the club by engaging in a brawl with new guy Nelson Semedo during training this morning. "And it's not for me to say if he's going to stay or not".
The Brazilian, who has scored three goals on Barca's U.S. tour so far, reportedly left the training area entirely.
"I speak with Neymar in a normal way, everybody knows that he is my friend and we have been playing together for seven years. He brings so much to the team and hopefully he will stay for many years", Iniesta said. "If he leaves, it will not change our affection for him".
Monaco Defiant In The Face Of Arsenal Pressure Over Lemar
Wenger also refused to say if he would make another bid for £50 million-rated Monaco winger Thomas Lemar after having several offers rejected.
"The feeling is that Neymar will stay because he's so important to us all on a footballing and personal level", the former Liverpool man said. Do you want more money?
"It was nothing official, it doesn't depend on me".
"It's a bit unusual to play Madrid in the preseason and so far from home", Iniesta said. "Now I hope we can focus only in our jobs, and that me and my family can have the peace we deserve".
Another day, another Neymar story, and Friday is no different.
- Trump tells cops they should rough people up more during arrests
- Iniesta wants Neymar talk to end
- Aaron Judge broke a tooth while celebrating a walk-off home run
- PSG, c'è l'accordo con Neymar. Offerta al Barcellona superiore alla clausola
- As Trump debases the presidency, the religious right looks away
- Brexit could prompt Welsh-UK Labour split, says Andrews
- Trump nombra a John Kelly jefe de gabinete en sustitución de Priebus
- Philippine cops gun down mayor, daughter denounced by Duterte in drug raid
- Valverde: Neymar happy amid PSG speculation
- Venezuelans brace for unrest,stockpile food ahead of Sunday vote