Really, it's a trade that no one saw coming.
It's no secret that the Mets are trying to win in 2018 and think the window is still very much open.
Ramos has posted a 3.63 ERA and 20 saves so far this year, as well as a 2.14 strikeout-to-walk ratio that somehow represents an improvement over last year's mark.
Trump Again Criticizes Sessions, This Time Over FBI Leadership
He added, however, that Trump was a "strong leader" who "wants all of us to do our job". "And that's what I intend to do". Push back from conservatives has been steadfast and largely in defense of Sessions, who served as a senator for 20 years.
Duda has hit.246/.347/.532 with 17 home runs in 291 plate appearances this season, CBS Sports pointed out. He has a $6.55 million salary and is eligible for free agency after the 2018 season. He probably won't be cheap, and even though the Mets are attempting to sell off veterans, they're rumored to be including cash in the deals to get prospects in return.
Gonzalez is the higher-caliber prospect.
The clubs announced the deal on Friday night, with the Mets sending Class A pitcher Merandy Gonzalez and outfielder Ricardo Cespedes back to the Marlins. Ramos may be relegated to a set-up role in 2018, which will obviously depreciate his fantasy value.
MLB.com had him ranked ninth in the Mets system based on his plus fastball and potential for an above-average curveball.
While the 30-year-old is still under team control for one more season, his departure from Miami was a matter of when-not if-before the deadline.
- La Russie riposte aux sanctions américaines
- Northern Lights from space
- L'intérim en hausse de plus de 10 % en Nouvelle-Aquitaine — Emploi
- Judge Rejects LA County's Bid to Block Aliso Canyon Reopening
- Man accused of sparking fire at Phoenix LGBTQ youth center arrested Friday
- Kuchar fights dizzy spells at Canadian Open
- European Union freedom of movement to end by March 2019, minister says
- Republican Senator Threatens to Impeach Trump if He Fires Special Counsel
- Albert de Monaco, ses conseils à Meghan Markle et Harry
- Trump Wants To Blow Up Senate Rules After Obamacare Repeal Push Collapses