"The Army chief was briefed by Lt. Gen. A.K. Sharma, General Officer Commanding of the 16 Corps, about its preparedness in dealing with emerging and dynamically changing security situation (in Jammu and Kashmir) and measures taken to thwart any misadventure by forces inimical to the country".
An official statement said the Army chief also visited Rajouri and Akhnoor sectors, where he was briefed on the operational readiness by the GOCs of Ace of Spades Division and Crossed Swords Division.
He said General Rawat also visited forward posts along the LoC during which was briefed in detail on the actions being undertaken to ensure a robust counter infiltration grid.
Le parc d'éoliennes en mer de Saint-Nazaire verra bien le jour
Une éolienne sur le toit d'une usine Carambar & Co? Sa mise en service est prévue pour 2021. La cour administrative d'appel de Nantes devrait se prononcer prochainement dessus.
General Bipin Rawat complimented the troops for their unflinching efforts and reiterated the need to remain ever prepared to counter the nefarious designs of the adversary.
Rawat's visit comes a day after three terror attacks across different parts of Kashmir ended with the gunning down of three militants in Gurez sector in north Kashmir's Bandipora and two Army jawans - one of whom succumbed to his injuries later - being shot at by militants in Shopian situated 50 kilometres south of Srinagar.
General Rawat's visit assumes significance as 11 people, including 9 army men, were killed in border skirmishes this month along the LoC. More than 4,000 villagers in Nowshera sector were shifted to five relief camps and over 110 livestock fell prey to shelling and firing by the Pakistani army along the LoC in Rajouri district where almost 35 structures, including over two dozen houses, were damaged.
- Liam Payne gushes over son Bear
- Sanctions russes: Trump va signer le texte
- Albert de Monaco, ses conseils à Meghan Markle et Harry
- Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE:TPC) Receives An Update From Brokers
- Who Knew Senate Health Bill Debate Could Be So Complicated?
- China Mobile (Hong Kong) Ltd. (NYSE:CHL) Downgraded by Zacks Investment Research
- Former Omaha Police officer Scotty Payne has bond set
- Kuchar fights dizzy spells at Canadian Open
- Trump Again Criticizes Sessions, This Time Over FBI Leadership
- Judge Rejects LA County's Bid to Block Aliso Canyon Reopening