Convicted pedophile priest Paul Shanley is scheduled to be released from a MA prison early Friday morning after spending 12 years in prison.
According to the Sex Offender Registry Board, Shanley will be living at an apartment on 31 Pulaski Street in Ware.
86-year-old Paul Shanley was a "street priest" who ministered to alienated youth in the 1960s and '70s. Decades later, dozens of men came forward and said Shanley had molested or raped them.
A former MA priest convicted of child rape has been released from prison after serving 12 years of his sentence as victims and sexual assault awareness advocates are set to protest his release.
Ducks players back decision to dismiss WR Darren Carrington
It's a judgment call, not always right but I feel in this case it was the right thing to do to give Darren an opportunity". If all goes through, he and the Utes will face his former Ducks team on October 28 at Autzen Stadium.
The protest will be led by members of Road to Recovery Inc., a charity that assists victims of sexual abuse and their families, victims and survivors of Shanley's abuse, as well as advocates, supporters, and concerned citizens. He'll be monitored by probation officials, but isn't required to wear an electronic monitoring device.
As early as Friday, one of the most notorious figures in the clergy sex abuse scandal could be released from prison.
Copy from the Associated Press was used in this report.
- Milacron Holdings Corp. (MCRN) Lowered to Buy at BidaskClub
- Sanders Capital, LLC Lowers Its Ownership in Raytheon Company (RTN)
- Republican lawmakers rally around Sessions as Trump intensifies pressure
- Discovery Communications, Inc. (DISCK) Downgraded by BidaskClub
- The Alibaba Group Holding Limited (BABA) Stake Increased by Signaturefd LLC
- GOP single-payer amendment fails in Senate
- Lucky Blue Smith and Stormi Bree Welcome a Baby Girl
- Dolphins ex-cheerleader, lawyer getting divorced -- and Trump's a factor
- Meet The Look-Alike Of Shah Rukh Khan, Haider Maqbool From Jammu & Kashmir
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes