The reality show, which saw celebrity learning how to master a ski jump, has been hit by controversy every year as multiple contestants received injuries.
"They said in a statement: "'The Jump' has been a hugely successful brand. "Bringing back an expensive format green-lit by their predecessor us unlikely to be on their agenda". Resting The Jump for a year makes it easier to quietly cancel the show altogether'.
Among its most famous injuries was decorated Olympian athlete Sir Bradley Wiggins, who broke his leg during the last season.
Double Olympic gold medallist Rebecca Adlington, 26, withdrew from the show in 2016 on medical advice after she dislocated her shoulder mid-jump in the show's titular event.
Quelle équipe pour Rudy Garcia — Ostende
Il n'a cependant rien pu faire sur le lob plein d'astuce de Knowledge Musona sur un Steve Mandanda étrangement avancé (70e). Une équipe capable de très belles choses offensivement mais qui tangue dangereusement quand il s'agit de défendre.
And it looks like it could be curtains for the show altogether as a spokeswoman for Channel 4 has said the show would be "resting" next year, confirming: 'The Jump has been a hugely successful brand for Channel 4 over the last four years, however, with such a huge amount of winter sport on screen at the start of 2018 we have made a decision to rest the show for the year'.
Davina previously revealed ahead of the last series of the show that she was surprised it had been bought back for another run.
Sexy Strictly Come Dancing star Ola Jordan was spotted relaxing by the pool with her husband James. There would have to be some VERY fearless celebs willing to take part.
- Axis Bank net down 16 per cent, NPA increases
- Railways announce cash reward of Rs. 13 lakh each for women's cricketers
- BT profits hit by Italian scandal
- La reprise est en cours en France au deuxième trimestre — Économie
- War in the West Wing as Scaramucci turns on Trump chief
- Accusé d'abus de biens sociaux, SFR réplique en justice
- Move border to Irish Sea after Brexit, says Coveney
- Watch Kendrick Lamar bring Chance The Rapper on stage for 'No Problem'
- Third-person self-talk helps control emotion, says study
- Herzing is Ready to Meet Foxconn Job Needs