In a bid to take its allegation against BJD supremo and Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik over the alleged false affidavit on poll expenses to the national level, a delegation of BJP leaders on Thursday called on the Election Commission of India (ECI) and sought Patnaik's disqualification as MLA.
The saffron party team led by National Spokesperson Sambit Patra met the ECI and reiterated its allegation of the Odisha CM giving a false affidavit to the ECI on his poll expenses. "Therefore, we have prayed the Commission to declare his membership of the Odisha Legislative Assembly invalid", said Patra to reporters after submitting his party's memorandum to the Commission.
"The affidavit submitted says, contrary to what Patnaik says in his affidavit, that he was given through two cheques and not the RTGS, one amount of Rs. 10 lakh and a second amount of Rs. 6,04,320, both these amounting to Rs. 16,48,320", he said.
Ça : un deuxième trailer qui fait la part belle à Pennywise !
Un deuxième film devrait arriver sur nos écrans dans quelques mois. Pennywise est de retour, pour vous jouer un TRÈS mauvais tour.
"The BJD has conveniently hidden the fact that money has been transferred through the RTGS, also this is hidden in the affidavit of the party to what Patnaik has hidden very conveniently", Patra added. "Moreover it's astonishing to find that the RTGS number claimed by Naveen Patnaik is also the RTGS no.of Mr Ramchandra Hansda, the MP of BJD, who is behind bars because of his involvement in chit fund scam".
This is published unedited from the ANI feed.
- Cheers, whoops for McCain's return, then impassioned speech
- Sports gambler Walters sentenced to five years for insider trading
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC (NYSE:GSK) Valuation According To Analysts
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Earns Outperform Rating from Royal Bank Of Canada
- We won't do a transgender ban until forced — Military to Trump
- Vuelta: Froome vise le doublé Tour
- Lewandowski: 'The President Has a Legal Authority to Fire Robert Mueller'
- Bray compare county council to North Korea
- Le Cap Lardier menacé par les flammes — Incendies