According to media reports, Ahsan Iqbal, Minister for Planning and Development, obtained Iqama from a Madina-based firm.
Dar further said that if Asif's money trail is questioned, he will also present a letter from an Arab country.
"I worked in Madinah Monawarah 2004-06 afterwards retained Iqama without receiving any compensation for frequent travel, hence no illegal act", the minister said on Twitter.
Earlier, showcasing his educational background, the minister noted that he chose to serve country ignoring a passport to "Fortune 100".
Dar, who lost the 2013 General Elections to Asif in the NA-110 constituency, said Asif did not declare his Iqama [contract] and employment with the company in the nomination papers he filed with the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP).
He went on and maintained that he did not hide his income regarding the Iqama.
To this, he replied that many Kafeels were doing that.
Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK) Receiving Slightly Trending Media Opinion, Based On Research
Quentec Asset Management Llc decreased Shopify Inc (Put) stake by 16,400 shares to 326,600 valued at $14.00M in 2016Q4. WARNING: This piece of content was originally published by Markets Daily and is the property of of Markets Daily.
Spokesman for the Ministry of Planning said on Wednesday propaganda is being made by the political parties due to their bad intention on the Ahsan Iqbal's Iqama.
Ahsan's Iqama had expired and not renewed, he said adding Ahsan Iqbal has no any business overseas.
His Iqama surfaced a day after Defence Minister KhawajaAsif's UAE iqama come to the fore.
He termed dual-office holding by federal cabinet members "criminal enterprise" and said they were "criminals of the nation".
"Have you ever seen in democracy that a prime minister of a country serves as a sale manager after getting Iqama".
PTI spokesman Fawad Chaudhry said: "It is sad that Nawaz Sharif, who is prime minister of Pakistan, is also serving as a marketing manager in the UAE". Finance Minister Ishaq Dar, who runs the country's finances, is also an employee of a firm in the UAE, and Ahsan Iqbal, who is the country's planning minister and supervising CPEC, is a security guard of a Madina-based firm.
- Man Accused of Killing Vanessa Marcotte Held Without Bail
- Creepy clown with a machete arrested in Maine
- Vote d'une loi "historique" contre les violences faites aux femmes — Tunisie
- Channing Capital Management LLC Holds Position in Alphabet Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG)
- Passion for game grew during suspension, says Sharapova
- Dallas Cowboys training camp walk-through: Working out new receivers
- Cochlear introduces the world's first Made for iPhone cochlear implant sound processor
- Dying Light developers Techland have launched a new storefront called Gemly
- Tech Company Workers To Have Microchips Implanted Into Their Hands
- Is Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corporation (WAB) a good buy?