Marcotte's family was in court and sitting in the front row during Colon-Ortiz's arraignment, but did not speak to CBS Boston afterwards.
A man charged with killing a Google employee from NY who went missing while out for a run near her mother's MA home has pleaded not guilty.
Authorities say DNA taken from Colon-Ortiz's cheek matched DNA taken from Marcotte's hands. Her body was eventually found in the woods, covered in slash wounds, partially naked and burned.
Marcotte, a 27-year-old Google executive living in NY, was found slain in the woods of Princeton last August. Ryan asked that Colon-Ortiz be kept out of sight, although he had appeared months ago at a district court arraignment, due to possible "identification issues". Colon-Ortiz instead was seen standing behind a door, listening to a Spanish translator through a set of headphones.
After entering the plea, he was ordered to be held without bail. He has been held on $10 million since his arrest.
Is Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corporation (WAB) a good buy?
Driehaus Ltd Liability Corporation has 0.02% invested in Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corp (NYSE:WAB) for 7,327 shares. Turning to G-III Apparel Group, Ltd. (NASDAQ:GIII), its shares were trading at $25.17 a gain of $0.69, on the trading floor.
The 31-year-old had first been charged with aggravated assault and battery and assault with attempt to rape in Marcotte's killing, but he was indicted on the murder charge in June.
"It's very hard, very difficult".
Colon-Ortiz is a married father of three with no criminal record who worked in Princeton as a FedEx driver at the time of the murder, prosecutors said.
Marcotte was visiting her mother in Princeton, about 40 miles west of Boston, on August 7, when she made a decision to go out for a run.
Marcotte, 27, a Leominster native, was living in NY and working for Google at the time of her murder on August 7, 2016. "He doesn't speak any English, he's never been involved in any court process before at all, and he is quite nervous and frightened".
- Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK) Receiving Slightly Trending Media Opinion, Based On Research
- Vote d'une loi "historique" contre les violences faites aux femmes — Tunisie
- Julio Jones hires dive team to try to find lost $150K earring
- The difference between human trafficking and human smuggling
- Bears GM Ryan Pace stays committed to his starting QB choice
- The dramatic return of John McCain
- Cochlear introduces the world's first Made for iPhone cochlear implant sound processor
- Dallas Cowboys training camp walk-through: Working out new receivers
- The Whole Foods Market, Inc. (WFM) Stock Rating Upgraded by BidaskClub
- Shah Rukh Khan: I'm no longer a lover, I am love