Harris was shot dead and Mason suffered a bullet wound to his chin.
Bruno says officers had been patrolling Jacksonville's Westside, searching for a man suspected of robbing two banks earlier this week.
Chilling photos from the scene were released showing bullet holes in a auto. Harris then got out of the silver auto and kept firing, police said.
A police officer was shot in the face while taking down a suspected bank robber in Florida. All the suspect had to do was surrender.
This was Mason's first time being involved in a shooting in his 11 years on the force. Officer Brad Hurst also responded with Officer Mason.
Philippine President's Appalling Threat to Bomb Tribal Schools
This week, he reaffirmed his commitment to the "drug war". "Sixty-seven countries have now signed the declaration". HRW called on Duterte to retract his threat of violence towards the schools before the military acts.
"Officers put their life on the line every day - it's not a tag line, it's not a slogan", said Williams.
Police pursued Harris and the woman down Old Middleburg road while the cops said he leaned out of the back window and started blasting away, striking Mason.
#JSO Officer shot: Officer was shot in the face and is now in stable condition. "He is very strong-willed", said Williams.
JSO officer shot.Police say this is the same suspect related to Wells Fargo robberies reported in the last few days.
- Emmanuel Macron annonce la création de hotspots "dès cet été" — Libye
- No plan to remove Tagore from textbooks: Javadekar
- Stock Watch: Checking the Numbers For VanEck Vectors Environmental Services ETF (EVX)
- This Weekend Is Sales Tax-Free On Certain Items
- 71 prisoners were released by mistake in the United Kingdom a year ago
- German investigators heading to helicopter crash scene in Mali
- New York Times Company
- Barrick Gold Corporation (ABX) Stock Rating Lowered by BidaskClub
- Un viol en punition d'un autre viol — Pakistan
- Beyonce And JAY-Z Hire Six Nannies For Newborn Twins