Jaina Lee Ortiz is headed to ABC.
The Grey's season premiere is slated for Thursday, September 28 and the cast held their first table read over the weekend.
The new drama, picked up straight to series in May, centers on a group of heroic firefighters from the captain down the ranks in their personal and professional lives.
Details about Ortiz's role are being kept under wraps. All of the main characters from the spinoff will also be introduced in one of the episodes of "Grey's Anatomy" Season 14 this fall. While wrapping the second season of Rosewood, she booked a major recurring role on the current second season of the US drama series Shooter opposite Ryan Phillippe, which is now airing.
Ford recalls more than 100000 vehicles over bolt issue
If they fracture, the seat or the seat belt could fail in a sudden stop or a crash, the Associated Press reported . The Fix: Dealers will replace the affected seat, seatback, seat-belt or seat-belt buckle attaching bolts for free.
Grey's Anatomy executive producer/co-showrunner Stacy McKee created the new show, which is expected to debut sometime midseason. ABC Studios will be producing the series.
Ortiz starred as Detective Annalise Villa on "Rosewood", which was canceled by Fox after two seasons in May.
Jaina Lee Ortiz is rumored to play the lead role in Shonda Rhimes' yet-to-be-titled "Grey's Anatomy" spinoff. She's repped by WME and Link Entertainment.
The new spin-off will be Grey's second, after Private Practice, which ran for six seasons from 2007 to 2013.
- Investor Watch on Shares of International Personal Finance PLC (IPF.L)
- Arundhati Roy on course for second Booker prize
- No immediate speed camera use changes planned locally after high court ruling
- Were Analysts Bullish Dynavax Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ:DVAX) This Week?
- Lanane: US Senate health care debate could be disastrous for Hoosiers
- L'ONU nomme trois enquêteurs internationaux — Violences en RDC
- Senate panel subpoenas former Trump campaign manager Manafort to testify
- YouTube Red and Google Play Music to merge says Lyor Cohen
- Daimler AG (ETR:DAI) Given a €67.00 Price Target at BNP Paribas
- Ed Sheeran, Stormzy and The xx in running for 2017 Mercury Prize