Beijing has ruled out any talks with New Delhi until New Delhi withdraws troops from Doklam on the Sikkim section of the Sino-Indian border.
However, the main focus of the visit is to resolve the India-china issue in the Sikkim region. During this period the Chinese can not remain in the area, the former R&AW officer also points out.
Mr Doval will also call on Chinese President Xi Jinping tomorrow along with fellow top security officials of the BRICS countries. Beginning from Thursday Ajit Doval will attend the two-day BRICS National Security Advisers meet in Beijing. "Shaking a mountain is easy, but shaking the People's Liberation Army is hard", the newspaper quoted a Chinese spokesperson.
Once "Hindi-Chini Bhai Bhai" (or India-China are brothers), the relationship between the two Asian giants has been taking turns for the worse over the past few months. Alleging that Indian soldiers are threatening Chinese territory, on Monday, the Chinese military threatened India to think carefully about its continued deployments.
Un immeuble s'effondre à La Courneuve, un blessé grave — Seine-Saint-Denis
Dans le quartier, beaucoup évoquent justement ces travaux, qui avaient suscité beaucoup de défiance parmi les habitants. Commencé en juillet 2016, il avait été complètement interrompu à l'automne, en raison des nuisances provoquées.
The NSA meet, where the five-nation bloc traditionally discusses counterterrorism and security issues, assumes significance in view of the dragging border row between India and China.
He also informed that the Chinese PLA's move to build the road was "not in consonance with the bilateral understandings reached between India and China under the framework of the Special Representatives on the Boundary Question" since the Doklam (Plateau) area was "directly relevant for determination of the tri-junction point between India, China and Bhutan".
India and China's increasingly tense relations have been in the news for a while now as both countries have made headlines for their hostile take on one another. Bhutan, according to the press release, had conveyed to China, both on the ground and through the diplomatic channel, that the construction of the road in its territory was "a direct violation of the agreements between China and Bhutan signed in 1988 and 1998".
China and India have been engaging in an exchange of disputes even as a scheduled meeting for BRICS countries is awaited. Yang represents China in the boundary talks.
- United Nations chief warns peace at risk in Central African Republic
- Thomas Pesquet emmène Cordes dans les étoiles
- Résultats de la dernière étape du Tour de France — Cyclisme
- Lloyds must pay £283m for mortgage arrears errors
- Un navire anti-migrants de Génération Identitaire bloqué à Chypre
- Israel removes more security installations at Temple Mount
- Zika virus: Locally transmitted case reported in Hidalgo County, Texas
- Libya Calls on Italy to Assist in Combating Human Trafficking - Italian PM
- Erdogan: Turkey not to abandon purchase of S-400 system
- Foot Qui est le plus jeune athlète européen sponsorisé par Nike ?