Mr. Bezos is the founder of amazon.com and owns about 17 per cent of shares of e-retailer Amazon, which has recently unveiled it " s video streaming platform Amazon Prime.
Shares of Amazon.com jumped to 1.8 percent to $1,071.31 as of 9.30am in NY, pushing Bezos' personal wealth to over $91 billion.
Gates, the 61-Microsoft Corp.co-founder, has held the top spot since May 2013. They traded at about $1,063 on Thursday, ahead of the release of the company's latest earnings report. Wall Street expects the company to post earnings of $1.41 per share and $37.2 billion in revenue, along with year-over-year gains in all of its major business segments.
New York Times Company
One equities research analyst has rated the stock with a sell rating and four have assigned a hold rating to the company's stock. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through this hyperlink .
Bezos had reached a lofty $90.3 billion as of 10:30 a.m., Forbes reported, though market fluctuation could seem him slip behind Gates's $90 billion.
Bill Gates has always been at or near the top of the Forbes wealthiest people list.
Bezos' net worth has increased by $16.5 billion since March, when Forbes published its 2017 Billionaires List.
The Seattle-based company, founded in 1994, has transformed into much more than just an online bookstore, disrupting nearly every corner of the e-commerce market and beyond.
- Phil Murphy Announces Running Mate for NJ Governor Campaign
- Actor's resume seemingly confirms Grand Theft Auto 6 is in development
- Bill Belichick says no limits on Pats TE Rob Gronkowski
- Taylor Swift Took Her New Boyfriend On A Double Date With Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds
- Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) Receives Hold Rating from Royal Bank Of Canada
- Wayne Bennett bans his Brisbane Broncos players from protesting against the NRL
- German investigators heading to helicopter crash scene in Mali
- Kendrys Morales clubs walk-off home run for Blue Jays
- Barrick Gold Corporation (ABX) Stock Rating Lowered by BidaskClub
- Video bet pays off for Facebook