And so it was, in a game Wednesday between Beltre's Rangers and the visiting Marlins, that the veteran third baseman was taking his warm-up swings closer to home plate than where the on-deck circle was situated.
Beltre responded, um, creatively, picking up the mat and dragging it to where he wanted to stand. Davis then gave him the boot. Given that the Marlins are now leading the Rangers 18-8 in the eighth inning, it is understandable that there might be some pent up frustration in the Texas dugout. "I've seen it done many times". I stand here every day, I've been standing here for a lot of years and I've been standing here when he was umpiring home plate and he didn't say nothing.
So when Beltre was asked to move back closer to the on-deck circle, Beltre grabbed the circle and pulled it about four or five feet to where he was standing. "He said I don't care and you need to be on top of the mat", Beltre said. "I didn't want to get hit, so I turned around and that was it". Everybody stands in the same spot.
Davis took issue with it, walking through the infield and telling Beltre to get in the actual circle. "I've been staying in the same spot the whole series".
Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK) Receiving Slightly Trending Media Opinion, Based On Research
Quentec Asset Management Llc decreased Shopify Inc (Put) stake by 16,400 shares to 326,600 valued at $14.00M in 2016Q4. WARNING: This piece of content was originally published by Markets Daily and is the property of of Markets Daily.
"I wasn't being amusing", Beltre said. I actually did what he told me.
Despite the poor showing for the wild-card seeking Rangers, Beltre is just four hits shy of becoming the 31st player in Major League Baseball history to reach 3,000 hits. "You don't just show up".
Banister also said Beltre's hits mark means more than just success for the vet - it's an opportunity for the entire team.
Beltre, understandably, was miffed about Davis' actions.
- Marvel's The Defenders first-look preview: there's no "meh" in team
- Number of closed NJ beaches reaches 15 after more bacteria found
- E-cigarettes help smokers quit
- Dette François Fillon va rembourser 1 million d'euros à LR
- Dying Light developers Techland have launched a new storefront called Gemly
- Charli XCX directs star-studded video for new single 'Boys'
- Dallas Cowboys training camp walk-through: Working out new receivers
- Creepy clown with a machete arrested in Maine
- Man Accused of Killing Vanessa Marcotte Held Without Bail
- 15 people arrested during Austin immigration protest