Police say Patten drove to a house in the Florence Township, which is just north of the in state line, around 10.15pm Thursday and got into an altercation with Richardson.
Police in Kalamazoo are identifying the 31-year-old bystander who was shot and killed in a double homicide spanning two counties. Officers believe she was not the intended target.
Patten was formally Monday in a St. Joseph County courtroom on open murder, felony murder, home invasion and felony weapon charges in connection to Richardson's death.
The man accused of killing two people in southwest Michigan Thursday night has been arraigned on one of the murders. Richardson is the husband of Patten's ex-wife, Kaleena Richardson, according to court records.
U.S. wants to make us scapegoat for their failure: Pakistan Senator
Last week, the State Department in a report to the Congress had listed Pakistan as one of the countries having terrorist safe havens.
Zachary Patten was arraigned Monday (above) in St. Joseph County District Court on felony murder, open murder, first-degree home invasion and felony firearm charges.
Patten turned himself in to police on Friday in South Bend, Indiana.
St. Joseph County Magistrate Mark Brooks denied Patten's bond and assigned him a court-appointed attorney.
The next day, Friday, July 21, Patten approached police officers in IN and said he "needed to be arrested". He's due in court in St. Joseph County for a preliminary examination on August 15.
- Israel To Replace Temple Mount Metal Detectors With Less Obtrusive Surveillance
- Blue Apron Shakes Up Executives Less Than a Month After IPO
- Checking Out the Fundamental Data for The Coca-Cola Company (KO)
- EU, Turkey reflect on high-level meeting
- Viral Tinder Couple Meets for First Time After Three Years of Messaging
- American Red Cross: Blood Shortage Emergency Continues
- Suspensions de séances, insultes, "exfiltration"... Que s'est-il passé à l'Assemblée nationale?
- NXP Semiconductors NV's (NASDAQ:NXPI) "Hold" Rating Reiterated at Stifel Nicolaus
- Israel Dismantles Controversial Metal Detectors At Jerusalem Holy Site
- UN Security Council to Meet Over Jerusalem Violence