The pranksters called singer Elton John in 2015 claiming to be Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Last week, US Department of Energy Secretary Rick Perry took a phone call from two men he thought were the Ukrainian Prime Minister and his translator.
According to the report, Vladimir Kuznetsov and Alexei Stolyarov have engaged in similar prank calls with U.S. Sen.
In the phone call, the pranksters asked if Ukraine could get a cut-rate deal on USA coal exports.
"I hope that stepping away from the Paris accord will not have any negative impact with our relationship with the Ukraine", Perry said in the call, according to the Post.
Australian Inflation Muted in 2Q
It was also up 1.8 percent on year, above expectations for 1.7 percent, which would have been unchanged. Consumer prices grew less than expected in the June quarter.
Per Bloomberg, Perry's spokesperson confirmed that Perry was the victim of a prank, pointing out that the pair are "known for pranking high level officials and celebrities, particularly those who are supportive of an agenda that is not in line with their governments".
They pranksters even pitched Perry on a new biofuel they said was made of pig manure and alcohol.
Perry also told the men that the U.S. was very interesting in working with Ukraine "on the civil nuclear side" and noted that that's what they'd discuss in an upcoming meeting.
Calls between Cabinet secretaries and foreign officials are typically closely vetted; it's not clear how the pranksters connected with Perry. "In this case, the energy security of Ukraine".
- S&P hits record; Alphabet weighs on Nasdaq
- Matt Groening Is Bringing 'Disenchantment' To Netflix
- HIV-prevention ring a hit with teen girls
- Israel stops use of metal detectors at sensitive Jerusalem holy site
- Man City to sign Real defender Danilo for £26.5m
- Louisiana's US senators support start of health care debate
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- News Corporation (NWSA) Given Daily Coverage Optimism Rating of 0.02
- Ngam Advisors LP Lowers Stake in New York Community Bancorp, Inc. (NYCB)
- Fed will likely focus on low inflation but leave rates alone