Crook and Goshen County were next at 3.1 percent.
Unemployment also increased in Gallia County, going from 5.7 percent in May to 6.9 percent in June.
Unemployment rates in neighboring counties in June, with May rates in parentheses, were: Allen County, 5.3 percent (4.6 percent); Hardin, 5.7 (4.3); Henry, 5.3 (4.6); Putnam, 3.7 (3.1); Seneca, 5, (4.1); Wood, 5 (4); Wyandot, 3.9 (3.2).
Dutchess, Rockland, Sullivan and Ulster counties all had joblessness rates of 4.4 percent in June.
Unemployment rose slightly across Northwest Indiana in June, though it remains relatively low and below the national average.
DOL says there were 2,900 people receiving unemployment benefits last month and 2,800 in June 2016.
Ukraine Government 'Didn't Help Any Candidate' in 2016 US Election - Embassy
Ukrainian authorities did not assist any candidate in the 2016 United States presidential election, according to official statement of the Ukrainian embassy in Washington, DC.
From June 2016 to June 2017, nonagricultural wage and salary employment grew 56,800.
There were 18,700 people employed in June and 19,000 in June 2016, DOL said.
Unemployment numbers rose in all nine counties in the Hudson Valley/Catskills region in June when compared to the same month past year.
Joblessness rose last month in every city and town that's tracked in Northwest Indiana, by as much as 0.4 percent in Gary and Michigan City.
Employment in goods-producing industries, at 909,500, increased 4,700 over the month as gains in manufacturing (+4,000) and construction (+900) exceeded losses in mining and logging (-200).
"Discouraged workers" are not now looking for work for several reasons, including their belief that no job is available to them in their line or in their area".
- Jerusalem holy site crisis must be resolved by Friday:UN envoy
- Two men taken to hospital after suspected noxious substance attack
- Trump silences reporter for asking a question
- Willingdon Wealth Management Has $1.89 Million Position in Home Depot, Inc
- Israel to remove metal detectors outside Al Aqsa mosque
- Person injured in shooting overnight in Lexington
- Loon's new soccer stadium will be Allianz Field
- Russia Could Be Arming Taliban In Afghanistan
- Israel Dismantles Controversial Metal Detectors At Jerusalem Holy Site
- Blue Apron Shakes Up Executives Less Than a Month After IPO