During a photo-op with outgoing White House interns, a female reporter can be heard off-camera, asking, "Mr. President, should Jeff Sessions resign?". The interns laughed. The president rolled his eyes and smirked. "But they do it, but they're not supposed to". The president then rolled his eyes before Lucey followed up with, "Do you have a message on health care?". Let's see how well that goes over with the man who coined the term "fake news media"-and is constant dismissing reporters for doing their jobs". "So, she's breaking - you know, she's breaking a code, but they don't care".
As the Washington Post detailed last month, Trump has "has imposed some of the most draconian restrictions on the news media in recent memory, from banning TV cameras during its daily briefings to cutting back the length and frequency of its sessions with reporters".
Just a few hours before the photo-op, Trump called Sessions "beleaguered" in a tweet asking why his attorney general and Congress aren't investigating "Crooked Hillarys crimes & Russian Federation relations". The Trump administration has exhibited an unprecedented distaste for the press and a willingness to restrict access, moving press briefings from televised and live to audio-only and embargoed, and barring news sources critical to Trump from certain closed-door briefings.
EU, Turkey reflect on high-level meeting
The EU did not accept Turkey as a member claiming Turkey had failed to meet the reforms the EU had demanded in 2007 and 2013/4. The Turkish leader's remarks came days after US Gen.
Last week, newly appointed communications director Anthony Scaramucci said he wanted to press the "reset button" on the press's relationship with the President. Perhaps the best-known example: At the microphone during a campaign rally, he tried to pick NBC's Katy Tur out of the crowd, calling her "Little Katy" and criticizing her reporting.
No one has asked about that yet.
- Two men taken to hospital after suspected noxious substance attack
- Israel To Replace Temple Mount Metal Detectors With Less Obtrusive Surveillance
- Viral Tinder Couple Meets for First Time After Three Years of Messaging
- Israel Dismantles Controversial Metal Detectors At Jerusalem Holy Site
- Suspensions de séances, insultes, "exfiltration"... Que s'est-il passé à l'Assemblée nationale?
- Israel to remove metal detectors outside Al Aqsa mosque
- Trump, Lebanese leader pledge solidarity against terrorism
- Ravens' Kenneth Dixon Out For Season With Torn Meniscus
- Domino's launch voice ordering service to combat slow sales
- Seth Meyers Takes "A Closer Look" at "Experienced Schmoozer" Anthony Scaramucci