Giuliani said there is no truth to a report by Axios that said Trump has recently raised the possibility of tapping Giuliani to replace Sessions, whom the President referred to as "beleaguered" on Monday, days after publicly rebuking Sessions for recusing himself from the federal investigation into Russian election meddling in the 2016 campaign. That includes all of the Russia-related investigations, which special counsel Robert Mueller is overseeing.
In a tweet on Monday, Trump went after Sessions, calling him "beleaguered" and questioning why the attorney general and federal investigators are not looking into Hillary Clinton for her "crimes" and ties to Russian Federation.
Kitchener woman who poisoned children released from prison
A mother of a baby poisoned while in the care of a 36-year-old woman says dealing with her release from prison is "very hard ". According to Peel Regional Police, information they've received indicates that Allen is at an elevated risk to re-offend.
The fact that Sessions didn't immediately resign is a testimony to both his cowardice and his very pragmatic understanding that his departure would, at long last, plunge him headlong into the depths of political and cultural irrelevance. Trump added that Sessions' decision, on which he was not consulted, was "extremely unfair, and that's a mild word, to the President". How do you take a job and then recuse yourself? Several people close to Trump - including his eldest son, Donald Trump Jr, who has also been ensnared in the Russian Federation probe - have also told the president that they believe Sessions' decision to recuse himself was a mistake. So he recuses himself. I've narrowed it down to "troubled", "tormented", and "humiliated man whose spirit I've nearly completely broken", but I suppose there's no way to know for sure.
Speculation about Sessions' future has run rampant since Trump last week expressed remorse about tapping Sessions, one of his earliest supporters in Washington, to lead the Justice Department. "The work we're doing today is the kind of work we intend to continue".
Trump's tweet went a step further by invoking Sessions.
The Post's report, based on anonymous current and former USA officials with knowledge of Kislyak's intercepted communications, appears to contradict multiple of Sessions' comments-including some comments, like the Franken-exchange-made under oath.
- Matt Groening Is Bringing 'Disenchantment' To Netflix
- La Lune pourrait bien contenir d'importantes réserves d'eau !
- Trump says he's 'very disappointed in Jeff Sessions'
- Louisiana's US senators support start of health care debate
- Sony Corp Ord (SNE) Upgraded to Strong-Buy at BidaskClub
- Man City to sign Real defender Danilo for £26.5m
- Jaguars hand out record-breaking five-year extension to center Brandon Linder
- Australian watchdog takes Ford local unit to court over transmission complaints
- Backstreet Boys, Florida Georgia Line will sing each other's hits on CMT
- Chevron Corporation (CVX) Stake Cut by Cwm LLC