In view of a by-poll in Madhya Pradesh for a Rajya Sabha seat, a meeting of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) State Election Committee concluded here this evening with a decision to dispatch a panel of approximately a dozen names to the Central Election Committee. The elections are scheduled to take place on August 8.
Amit Shah, who was elected as an MLA from Sarkhej in four consecutive elections in 1997, 1998, 2002 and 2007 was instrumental in scripting BJP's victory in 2014 Assembly elections. The terms of three MPs end on August 18 - BJP leaders Smriti Irani and Dilipbhai Pandya, and Congress leader Ahmed Patel.
Willy Borsus devient ministre-président wallon
Le MR qui est en position de force avec le double de députés par rapport au cdH devrait obtenir le poste de ministre-président. Il faut attendre 48H au moins pour que le Parlement se réunisse en séance plénière pour voter cette motion, soit vendredi.
Irani was recently appointed as the Information and Broadcasting Minister after the post went vacant following Venkaiah Naidu's resignation, who was nominated as NDA's vice-presidential candidate.
There are 11 MPs in the Upper House of Parliament from Gujarat.
Nadda also announced the candidature of Sampatia Uike, a woman tribal leader from Mahakoshal region, from Madhya Pradesh in a by-election to the Rajya Sabha from the state. It may be recalled that Patel is already part of the Rajya Sabha, and if he wins this time also, he will become a Rajya Sabha member for the fifth time.
- Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) Shares Bought by Corundum Group Inc
- Enable Midstream Partners LP (ENBL) Receives Consensus Recommendation of "Hold" from Brokerages
- At last, Osinbajo to swear-in ministers-designate
- Un biopic sur Tolkien, l'auteur du Seigneur des Anneaux, en préparation
- PEW POLL: Most US Muslims See America As A Friendly Place
- Asela Gunaratne ruled out of Test series after thumb injury
- Natixis AM va déposer un recours contre l'amende de l'AMF
- Jared Leto in talks to play Bloodshot in Sony's planned Valiant franchise
- Madhubala to grace Delhi's Madame Tussauds
- Thomson Horstmann & Bryant Inc. Sells 88951 Shares of LSI Industries Inc. (LYTS)