The Indian women's cricket team that reached the World Cup final has now got a new fan in Indian tennis superstar Sania Mirza. She said, "We should look at it with hope, that's what we are trying to do and we still need time to make it to the next level, especially among women".
But the 30-year-old express her happiness with the progress some of the youngsters like Karman Kaur Thandi and Prarthana Thombare have made in recent past. I think in men, we are a bit brighter'. Having said that we still need a big jump. "And I hope that everybody is just going to keep supporting them", she added.
Speaking on the sideline of "WTA Future Stars Tennis Clinic" held at her Tennis Academy in Hyderabad, the multiple time Grand Slam victor said that Indian players would need to "make it to the next level" to get the desire recognition.
Controversial Tapes Reveal a Side of Princess Diana You've Never Heard Before
Diana brought her kids with her when she embarked on her charity work; for example, when she visited homeless shelters. Prince William also shared a story about when Diana surprised him with a meeting with his favorite supermodels.
Sania, praising the Indian women's cricket team said, "I am really proud of the Indian women's cricket team. Well, there is a lot of potential as this sport is growing in the country", she said.
"Mithali (Raj) has been doing incredible things and now that they reached the World Cup final obviously everybody took notice of it". However, she was hopeful that they will get their dues henceforth.
- Aux MTV Video Music Awards, finie la distinction entre hommes et femmes
- Never-Before-Released Documents About the Kennedy Assassination Are Made Public
- Nokia 2 specifications, features spotted on benchmarking website
- Conning Inc. Lowers Position in International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE:IBM)
- SSC releases CGL Tier I admit card for some regions
- Le repreneur potentiel d'accord pour racheter les murs de l'usine — GM&S
- Inter Milan 'want to keep' Ivan Perisic, says Luciano Spalletti
- Wrecked Snapdeal anchors Flipkart's Rs 138.5 crore buyout offer
- Sinclair participera à "Danse avec les stars"
- Cisco Systems, Inc. Announces Quarterly Dividend of $0.29 (NASDAQ:CSCO)