Dixon will have surgery to fix a torn meniscus on Tuesday, with a possible 6-8 week absence depending on how severe the tear is. Now, he'll miss the rest of the season, after tearing his meniscus. The injury to Dixon's meniscus marks the third time in 12 months that he's suffered some sort of knee injury.
With Dixon out of action, those same reports have the Ravens signing Bobby Rainey to flesh out their running back corps. The initial expectation was that Dixon would have the meniscus trimmed, which would have had a quicker recovery time but also adds risk of further knee issues in the future.
Two men taken to hospital after suspected noxious substance attack
It comes after it was announced police are now equipped with acid response kits, following a spate of attacks in recent weeks. Two young men have been rushed to hospital after being attacked with a noxious substance on a busy street in east London .
Rainey, 29, signed with the Ravens as an undrafted free agent in 2012 and spent the 2016 season with the New York Giants.
Dixon, a fourth-round pick from a year ago, showed flashes last season in breaking tackles and finishing second on the team with 382 yards rushing.
In 61 career games, Rainey has gained 1,053 yards on 266 carries (4.0 ypc) and six touchdowns.
- Israel To Replace Temple Mount Metal Detectors With Less Obtrusive Surveillance
- Domino's launch voice ordering service to combat slow sales
- Loon's new soccer stadium will be Allianz Field
- Trump, Lebanese leader pledge solidarity against terrorism
- Ukraine Government 'Didn't Help Any Candidate' in 2016 US Election - Embassy
- Viral Tinder Couple Meets for First Time After Three Years of Messaging
- Seth Meyers Takes "A Closer Look" at "Experienced Schmoozer" Anthony Scaramucci
- Russia Could Be Arming Taliban In Afghanistan
- Israel to remove metal detectors outside Al Aqsa mosque
- Authorities hold 2 judges appointed by Venezuelan opposition