Danilo links up with City's new recruit Kyle Walker, the Tottenham defender who signed a five-year contract for a fee that could rise with add-ons to £54 million (61m euros) this month.
The versatile 26-year-old Brazilian global has joined City on their pre-season tour of America, having agreed personal terms and passed his medical.
"They are one of Europe's leading clubs and in Pep Guardiola they have a manager committed to playing attacking football", he added.
Danilo will likely compete with Walker for the right-back spot, with City - who also in Los Angeles as part of their pre-season tour - having already let go of full-backs Pablo Zabaleta and Gael Clichy.
"I am sure that over the next few years we will be successful".
Charlie Morton, Astros blank Phillies
He walked one and hit two batters but struck out nine. "Part of pitching up here is to realize what you need to do next". In three starts since returning to the rotation after missing the entire month of June, he is 2-1 with a 4.58 ERA.
City are nearly certain to rotate their full backs, with Danilo, who can play on both sides, acting as a cover for Mendy and Walker.
"We feel he has all the attributes needed to succeed at City and we look forward to helping him develop during his time here".
However, Danilo was mostly resigned to the bench due to some inconsistent performances as well as the uphill task of displacing Dani Carvajal from the starting XI. "For such a young player, he has a wealth of top-level experience", he said. We are all delighted to have him here at Manchester City.
"Since I was a kid it was a dream to play in the Premier League and I will do everything I can to enjoy every minute of it".
Mendy made his France debut in a 3-1 World Cup qualifying victory over Luxembourg in March, and won Ligue 1 in his first season with Monaco.
Last season City's fullback problems frustrated Guardiola, who cited his lack of options as the excuse for City's inability to break down neighbours United in April's goalless Manchester derby.
- Delta Air Lines Inc
- HIV-prevention ring a hit with teen girls
- Charmi approaches High Court over drugs issue
- Biogen Inc. (NASDAQ:BIIB) Stake Increased by First Interstate Bank
- Ngam Advisors LP Lowers Stake in New York Community Bancorp, Inc. (NYCB)
- Scotiabank Analysts Give EQT GP Holdings, LP (EQGP) a $30.00 Price Target
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) Position Held by Blue Granite Capital LLC
- House Staffer For Wasserman-Schultz Fired After Bank Fraud Arrest
- Blizzard Shuts Down Another Fan-Run Legacy World Of Warcraft Server
- Johnson tries to reassure allies on Brexit