Not only does the deal make Linder the NFL's highest-paid active center - should he remain at the position - but it's also the most lucrative deal signed by a center in league history.
"I'm just excited that I get to play my career here", Linder said on a conference call. While he has never played a full season - his 15 games played a year ago was a career high - he is obviously viewed as an important cog in an improving offensive line. I fell in love with this city and we have big things coming, changing the culture... "I couldn't think of a better place to play my career".
Linder has yet to be recognized for his efforts with a Pro Bowl or All-Pro selection, but he ranked among the league's top centers previous year.
Louisiana's US senators support start of health care debate
From there, he may first ask for a vote on the straight repeal of the Affordable Care Act . "Today is a shameful day for the U.S. For years, women have been discriminated against as their health care cost premium reflected their ability to have children.
For Tom Coughlin, the Jaguars executive vice president of football operations, the decision to give Lindor a record-breaking deal was a no-brainer.
With Linder entering the final year of his rookie deal, there was no doubt that the Jaguars would prioritize locking up a future Pro Bowl offensive lineman to help pave the way for 2017 first-round pick Leonard Fournette.
"It was something we wanted to get done so now we can just ball", Linder told the Florida Times-Union. With wide-receivers Allen Robinson and Marquise Lee, as well as cornerback Aaron Colvin and linebacker Telvin Smith all due a new contract this season. "We knew after OTAs we wanted to talk".
- Cobras hidden in potato-chip cans lead to arrest
- La Lune pourrait bien contenir d'importantes réserves d'eau !
- Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (CY) Receives Consensus Recommendation of "Buy" from Analysts
- Backstreet Boys, Florida Georgia Line will sing each other's hits on CMT
- Dollar Index Falls to 13-month Low on Fed Worries
- Sony Corp Ord (SNE) Upgraded to Strong-Buy at BidaskClub
- Big Ten confirms new TV deals with Fox, ESPN, CBS and BTN
- Israel stops use of metal detectors at sensitive Jerusalem holy site
- Matt Groening Is Bringing 'Disenchantment' To Netflix
- New Trailer and Poster of Marvel Studios' 'Thor: Ragnarok' Debuted At SDCC