The Portuguese says he would never have sold Angel Di Maria, Danny Welbeck or Javier Hernandez, saying the latter was the kind of "killer" striker United would have loved last season.
Mourinho has identified two positions in his team that he feels he needs to strengthen and suggested that with the arrival of two new faces, United's transfer window will be complete.
Mourinho said: "I am happy with my squad but I would like to have two more players".
Mourinho reiterated that he still wants two more signings - a midfielder and an attacking player - and confirmed Ander Herrera and Juan Mata will miss the Barca clash.
"I'm grateful to be part of the biggest club in the world, but there is a lot of work to be done, and I know that I need to work much harder than I have until now". I've always had a goal to win as many trophies as I can and to play for a club like Manchester United.
Chelsea's Nemanja Matic and Inter Milan's Ivan Perisic have both been heavily linked with United and Mourinho hinted he's desperate for Woodward to wrap up deals for the duo ahead of the 2017/18 campaign.
Lukaku and Rashford *could* be United's new Yorke and Cole
New Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku has admitted that he is "far from" being an elite-level player at the moment. But it's all about the team. "The players, they know you, the club know you can affect in a positive way the structure".
'We spent because of what happened to Zlatan (Ibrahimovic) and we can not allow ourselves to be without an important, strong striker for the first six months of the season. I am Romelu Lukaku and I want to create my own history. "It's something really unique that I've been able to observe over the years because he's been a player from Anderlecht, which is the same youth system where I come from and I've really followed his progress". "It should be better than a year ago but also don't forget there's a lot of change again this summer with a lot of players coming in or going out", the forward said.
Scott is one of ESPN FC's Manchester United bloggers.
"I would say he is the leader of the young guys", said Mourinho.
Steve Nicol asserts that Victor Lindelof's shaky start to preseason should be of little concern to Manchester United.
United kick off their league campaign at home against West Ham United on August 13.
- Katrina Kaif does push ups without using hands!
- Colombia's FARC rebels to launch as political party on September 1
- Incendies dans le Sud-Est : la France demande le soutien de l'Europe
- Drake's Latest Tattoo Is A Massive Tribute To Lil Wayne
- Chicharito: Javier Hernandez officially joins West Ham United in transfer
- Red Sox trade for Giants All-Star Eduardo Nunez, report says
- Trump Criticizes AG Jeff Sessions, Acting FBI Director
- Luke Bryan Lets Terminally Ill 88-Year-Old Fan Grab His Butt
- MK Stalin slams CM Palaniswami for seeking "temporary solution" for NEET
- CTE found in brains of 110 out of 111 deceased NFLers